Re: content wont download into my game?

by PeopleMatterMore

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@Livvi5896 wrote:
When I click download a box comes up asking if I should open the file eith the game launcher then after pressing yes nothing happens at all, no origin or game launcher seems to be openingFrown

@hey @Livvi5896 if you havent yet try resetting your my documents /electrontic arts/sims 3 folder by pulling it to the desktop run a test game and save, then try to DL one item from the store and one item from TSR. something small from both

its possible your are having broswer permission issues buts its also possible since you tried firefox that some type of corrpution happened with your game files stopping DLing

if you can DL items with the sims 3 folder it may be best to simply reDL all CC and store and move other old files to the new set, more about your file content:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Sims+3+Folder+Contents+FAQ

good luck

Message 11 of 15 (209 Views)

★★★ Novice
What did you do to make it downloadFrown
Message 12 of 15 (208 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just moved the sims 3 folder to the desktop and everything has reset itself?! All my family's seem to have disappearedFrown
Message 13 of 15 (205 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Livvi5896 wrote:
I just moved the sims 3 folder to the desktop and everything has reset itself?! All my family's seem to have disappearedFrown

yes resetting game folder makes it like new again Standard smile this is just a way to see if the probelm is corruption of game files. and dont panic your saved files are still in the folder you moved to the desktop. just see if you can DL items with this fresh folder if you can you can move the old files back into the new but test each move for corruption.

Message 14 of 15 (199 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bspinky wrote:
Omg it's actually downloading finally! Thank you! Crossing my fingers that you get your resolution soon livvi, I was going out of my mind Frown

welcomes Standard smile

and hopfully liwi can be sorted soon too

Message 15 of 15 (184 Views)