computer specs

by dlarlQma

Original Post

computer specs

★★★ Apprentice

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w4rZ8M

i want to play sims 3 and sims 4 on high/ultra setting. will this computer be strong enough for that and handle other games? (ex. telltale games)

Message 1 of 4 (385 Views)

Re: computer specs

@dlarlQma  Yes, that build will handle Sims 3 and Sims 4 with plenty of room to spare.  I don't know about the other games you have planned because Telltale is a developer with a lot of different titles in its library, with all kinds of different minimum and recommended specs.  (I'd be happy to look up specs for a particular game, but the list overall is too long for me to navigate.)

If you do go with this build instead of a prebuilt machine, be sure to purchase a product key for Windows 10 as well.  You'll need to be able to install the OS yourself, which isn't that complicated but requires an install medium (USB, DVD) as well as a code.  If you need help making an install medium, let me know; it's pretty easy as long as you have access to an existing Windows 10 install somewhere, and a blank USB stick or DVD.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (363 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Origin:

Sims 3 (and all the expansion and stuff packs)

Sims 4 (and all the expansion, stuff, game packs)

Alice: Madness Returns

Dead in Bermuda

Plants vs Zombies

Steam World Dig

Unwritten Tales 2

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles

Steam:

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

Back to the Future (Ep. 1 - 5)

Game of Thrones

Life is Strange

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

The Walking Dead (Season 1, Season 2, Michonne, A New Frontier)

The Wolf Among Us

Epic Games:

Batman Arkham Knight

LEGO Batman TheVideogame

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition

For Honor

Batman Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition

Conarium

The Walking Dead The Final Season

ABZU

Alan Wake

Celeste

City of Brass

Enter the Gungeon

GNOG

Hyper Light Drifter

Inside

Last Day of June

Limbo

Moonlighter

Mutant Year Zero Road to Eden

Overcooked

Rebel Galaxy

RIME

Stories Untold

The End is Nigh

The Witness

Thimbleweed Park

This War of Mine

Transistor

World of Goo

these are all the games that i have but may not necessarily download

Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

@dlarlQma  I believe that all those games should run on ultra graphics settings with the configuration you listed.  An AMD Ryzen 3600 is far stronger than any of them need, although it's always great to have extra power in your new processor, since that means you can keep the computer for longer.  From the recommended specs, it looks like an Nvidia 1660 ti would be just enough to handle ultra settings in any of your games.  It might be a close call though, and you might decide to turn down a couple of options to high for the sake of better framerates.

It's difficult to say for sure because not all games have thorough benchmark testing.  Even the reports from regular users can't always be trusted—on the high end, some have overclocked their graphics cards, and on the low end, others may have weaker components that limit the cards' performance.  But certainly, a 1660 ti will handle all of your games just fine.  If you happened to see a deal on an Nvidia 2060 (Super or even regular), you could give your computer some breathing room, but it's not strictly necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (324 Views)