Re: Disabling Packs

by SimQARobo

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cherriesandwine1 You are using Origin to start the game and not start with EA desktop after you entered them with Origin ?

Could you maybe post a screenshot of where you entered it on Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 36 (1,147 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict as far as I'm aware I don't have EA Desktop unless that's automatically included in Origin? I've attached a screenshot of it.

Message 22 of 36 (1,137 Views)

Hero
@cherriesandwine1 No, it's still beta so you would have needed to download it.

I'm unfortunately as stumped as puzzlezaddict why this isn't working for some folks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 36 (1,125 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @cherriesandwine1 

I'm seeing this issue also, but only when using an account that has a subscription to EA Play. 

Do you happen to have any other versions of Sims 4 active in your Origin Library?  If so, can you try adding arguments to that instead and launching the game from there?

Another workaround you can try is to create a shortcut to \Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe (unless you have a shortcut already), open the Properties of that shortcut, go to the Shortcut tab, and add the arguments to the end of the Target field.

In the meantime, I'll tell the team about this and have it looked into.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 36 (1,085 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo Hi, I do have a subscription to EA play, yes. I don't have any other versions. I have just tried the workaround that you suggested and that didn't work either unfortunately.

Message 25 of 36 (1,042 Views)

EA Sims Team

@cherriesandwine1 

I heard Origin team is working on a fix for this that should be going out in a future Origin update.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 36 (1,024 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo I cancelled my subscription and bought a copy of the base game instead which has fixed it. Thank you so much.
Message 27 of 36 (1,021 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Command line arguments not working with EA Play version

★★★★ Novice

I'm reviving it because this is still an issue. It worked perfectly fine with Origin but now that we have EA app it does not.

I can't say much about Steam - I've heard it also doesn't work - but I made some tests with EA app.

If you set the command line args in EA app and run the game from EA app - it works. The game gets the command line args.

If you set the command line args in EA app and run the game from a shortcut or by opening the game exe - it doesn't work, no matter if EA app is running or not before starting the game.

And finally, if you set the command line args in a shortcut - it never works.

So please, fix it, it's really annoying.

Some technical info - when you start the game from a shortcut with some parameters, the game runs Origin or EA app by opening this:

origin2://game/launch/?offerIds=<some IDs>&cmdParams=<command line parameters>

The program that opens "origin2://" protocol is defined in a registry key: "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\origin2\shell\open\command".

For Origin - the program is "Origin.exe", so the main app.

For EA app - it's set to "EALauncher.exe", which in turns runs "EALaunchHelper.exe" (still with that "origin2://" info as the first parameter), which in turns run "EADesktop.exe" (without that "origin2://" info). So clearly there's a problem with communication between "EALaunchHelper.exe" and "EADesktop.exe".

Message 28 of 36 (658 Views)

Hero
@anadius1 yes, this is a known issue. There's a discussion here about the shortcut issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Please-someone-tell-me-how-to-DLC-s-on-off-setting-in-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 36 (629 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Doesn't really help that the other one is marked as "Solved". I'll probably make a workaround and post on MTS before EA does anything about it. -_- It will use args from a shortcut, not those set in EA app, but at least it will work.
Message 30 of 36 (610 Views)