Re: cinematic pan spinning

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

cinematic pan spinning

★★★ Newbie

When I try to pan from one position to another, the camera spins and then end up pointing down. It works correctly for a while and then starts doing this. I have Disabled the Origin In Game option.

Message 1 of 11 (637 Views)

@NicolleBSim  I'm not sure whether your issue is exactly the same as this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Camera-spins-too-quickly/td-p/9845307

But it's worth trying the suggestions in the first post regardless.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for responding. No, my issue is different. When I set a position, using Ctrl 5, 6, 7, etc, when it moves to the next position, instead to going straight to that spot, it spins or goes upside down. I do not have any overlays, I repaired the game and I did the clean reboot. It will work fine for about 20 moves and then it starts acting up. I am including a video.

Message 3 of 11 (607 Views)

@NicolleBSim  Try deleting the VideoCameraStates folder, in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  You'll need to reset your camera positions, but maybe they'll behave this time.

Message 4 of 11 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I am having the same issue with my cinematic camera, did you ever find a solution?

Message 5 of 11 (547 Views)

@ZimBobba  Does the camera simply spin too quickly, or do you have a different issue?  If the latter, please describe the issue in more detail.  Please also let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

Message 6 of 11 (543 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for replying. Its the exact same as the earlier post. I go in to tap mode, and make a point 5 (Ctrl 5) and a point 6 (Ctrl 6) but instead of moving between those to points, my camera just goes straight into the floor. Its weird, because it has worked for a long time, and it usually works the first time i move between the two points, but then when i go to make new ones, it just goes into the floor. I have tried removing my mods, repairing and updating my game, plus deleting the VideoCameraSates fil. Nothing worked. :/ I have windows  and I play on PC

Message 7 of 11 (534 Views)

@ZimBobba  Does the problem also happen if you're not in Tab mode?  I've only ever tried it in normal view, and while I believe it should still work in Tab mode, it's worth testing.

Message 8 of 11 (519 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, if you mean that when i press Ctrl 5 and Ctrl 6 in normal mode, the camera spins to the ground, like it does in tap mode, then yes. Its the same with Ctrl 7 and Ctrl 8

Message 9 of 11 (517 Views)

@ZimBobba  Sorry for the late reply.  I asked someone else if they had seen this issue before, but they didn't have any ideas.

So at this point I'm just throwing out ideas.  The first would be to both delete the .ini file and only try setting the camera angle when NOT in tab mode, the idea being that using tab mode might permanently bork the camera states.

The second would be to test in a clean user folder, as in, move the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop and allow the game to create a new one.  Your saves and other content would be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game, but you could move over the content later, or just trash the new Sims 4 folder and restore the old one if this didn't help.

Please also make sure that you don't have any apps with overlays running, for example Steam or Discord.  Disable the Origin in-game overlay as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

Message 10 of 11 (452 Views)