cheat console dont work in windowed mode

by AngelDream2007

Original Post

Re: Windowed mode cheat console dont open

★ Apprentice

no im pressing ctrl and shift before C and its trigging it so idk ea dont know how to make a game that works correctly in windowed mode EA= we dont care

Message 21 of 36 (984 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It would make it so much easier to help you if you just answered the questions I ask instead of posting something irrelevant. Fact is that you are the only one that see this which means that it is local to your particular setup. It is not possible to have a bug that only affect one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 36 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

ok get a cyber power pc and figure it out and let me know the issue then cause everything i have looked at is correct ive checked the keyboard settings ect nothing else uses ctrl shift c but the sims 4

also to show im uploading a video to show it dont even work

Message 23 of 36 (972 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sorry, but I can not afford to buy a new PC at the moment. Several of the usual helpers here have tested this on their PC's with no trouble and no one else have reported such a problem. i noticed that you still haven't answered my questions. Does that mean that you have given up on finding the problem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 36 (962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

no im gonna show you in the video what im doing to try to get it up and no im not pressing C before ctrl + shift

Message 25 of 36 (959 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Ok I can see that it is the game taking the screenshot a little late (it seems it does it as you let go of the keys) which points to a keyboard error. Please try to see if you can borrow another keyboard to test with.

Message 26 of 36 (949 Views)

★ Apprentice

tried like you said with 3 different keyboards still dont open the cheat console window keeps taking screen shots which it shouldnt do it should open the cheat console window

Message 27 of 36 (940 Views)

★ Novice

I also still cannot open the cheat bar in windowed mode.

My computer doesn't even take a screenshot - it just does nothing.

Message 28 of 36 (922 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try pressing ctrl+shift+winkey+c see if that works.

Message 29 of 36 (3,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ascellacybin wrote:

I also still cannot open the cheat bar in windowed mode.

My computer doesn't even take a screenshot - it just does nothing.

Thought you said it's not working in any mode for you ?

As said before, it's best to either create your own thread or use any of the ones that are for all modes. Like to figure out here what's going on if it's a problem in Windowed mode only in this thread.

@AngelDream2007  We're not trying to give you the runaround but try to figure out why it's not working for you. To me it seems that the game is not recognizing the shift-ctrl in windowed mode. It's an interesting problem but EA will also not be able to fix it if they can't find out what's going on, especially as it doesn't seem to be a general issue. Any info you can give is is helpful.

So far we already ruled out a few things, so that's good. Now we only need to figure out what is causing the issue. 

Are you running Origin In Game ? If so, might be worth turning that off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 36 (892 Views)