Re: character values resetting

by Simming_Spoonie

Original Post

character values resetting

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a toddler and load a save
What happens when the bug occurs? The character values my toddler has have all reset, he had fairly high manners when I exited my game last night, this afternoon when I've loaded it, it's all gone.
What do you expect to see? I expect my save to load with the character values he had on save and exit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons patch

My poor baby, he had fairly high manners and now it's reset to default values.

Message 1 of 17 (1,127 Views)

Hero
Would you happen to have a save before they reset ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,124 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nope, sorry Crin, I'll make sure to save to a different save next time I exit though.

Message 3 of 17 (1,107 Views)

★★ Novice

I had a similar thing happen to me as well. I loaded a save with a child who had maxed two character traits, and almost completed one other. When the save loaded, she had dropped her level drastically in all three character traits. Now I have to work to get them back up again Frown Seems to have happened only after the addition of Seasons.

I hope this bug is fixed soon! It'll be really hard to keep up with this in the meantime.

Message 4 of 17 (1,099 Views)

Hero
@FidgetyAtom Have you also never used mods ? Do you maybe still have a backup ?

@Simming_Spoonie Maybe one of the automatic backup ones are still working ? Did you try those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (1,083 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict- automatic backups?? 

Message 6 of 17 (1,073 Views)

Hero

Yes. the game creates ver0 to ver4 of your saves. You can do recover saves on the load menu to recover those and try the older games. It saves those in circles so if you saved more than 4 times since, they have been overwritten.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll check that when I'm back at my PC, thanks @crinrict - I learnt something new today!

Message 8 of 17 (1,062 Views)

★★ Novice

I do currently have MC Command Center on my game. No, no backup here. Not that I know of anyway.

Message 9 of 17 (1,055 Views)

Hero
Also check on the automatic ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (1,050 Views)