Re: changing language

by pequenasims

Original Post

changing language

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hello, arent you guys tired of people asking for the same over and over? i brought this game for 50€ (physical version)  and tell me why cant i change language to portuguse. is this something so hard to do? i have all the other past sims and i never expected a issue like this. i tried the regedit thing but i didnt succeeded.

please tell me what to do and quick if possible, im on vacation and i want this solved

edit: i googled for this problem and i found the "missing" language files and i apply them and it worked. game is on the language i wanted but i dont thing i did this the "legal" way i thing! 

please reply 

Message 1 of 8 (887 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. just to let you guys know that im still waiting... 
Message 2 of 8 (866 Views)

Hero

Where in the world are you ?

Do you have the disc or download version ?

This is how you generally change the language:  http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/choose-the-language/ but it depends on your region what langauges are avaible.

You can check the Origin store to see what languages are avaible for your region.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (852 Views)

★★ Novice

im in Portugal and i have disc version. so you are telling me that i have to unninstal the game and instead of running the disc i should download the game from origin?? 

Message 4 of 8 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Were you not asked for your langauge on the disc version ? Are you sure you did install from disc and not download it ?

This is how it worked for me: http://sims4.crinrict.com/2014/09/installation-von-dvd/

(the article is german but you can just check the pics or doo google translate)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (839 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you for your support. for me, it only shows english from U.S.. i dont know what to do. i tryed to change origin language to pt-BR and after that, do the installation progress but its the same, english only. i dont get this

Message 6 of 8 (829 Views)

Hero

Do you have any indication on the box what languages should be on the disc ?

The whole language thing is really confusing me to no end atm.

I get why some eastern europe countries don't get the languages but other countries I don't get, especially since I didn't have any troubles at all (I'm in switzerland)

When installing through DVD, you did get a window to choose the language, right but the dropdown box only has english ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (822 Views)

★★ Novice

yes, it only let me choose english. it says nothing on the box about languages. im on vacation away from home so i called my brother to try install the game and its the same, english only. i dont get why is this happening.

btw, i said this earlier on the conversation but no one replied to it. i searched for sims 4 language pack and i found the files that my copy is missing "Strings_POR_BR.package" and "GDFBinary_pt_BR.dll" and my game is in brazilian now but i PAY for games to stop doing this **bleep** thing and that's why im tired of this. i pay for games for being relaxed while playing and to not worry about cracks and stuff like that and this is what i get in return? thanks again for your support 

Message 8 of 8 (807 Views)