cc wont show up in game anymore

by FlimFlamJimJammm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc wont show up in game anymore

★★ Novice

A while ago my newly downloaded cc wouldn't show up in game, and ever since then I haven't been able to get any to show up except for the old cc I had. I've tried reinstalling the game twice and checking for conflicts with the mod conflict detector but nothing i do works. It's been about two years I've gone without being able to see it in game. It doesn't show up on the mods list that shows when you start up the game, nor does it show up in CAS. Please help Frown CC makes the game so much more fun, especially since I like building stuff and custom furniture would be nice. Thanks if you can help. 

Message 1 of 2 (269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cc wont show up in game anymore

★★ Pro

@FlimFlamJimJammm

Thank you for sharing a photo of what you're talking about. It looks like some of it maybe from early 2018, before the November game patch.

That patch changed the way Mods and custom content work in-game. Meaning some mods and cc have become outdated and need to be deleted or replaced.

You may want to see if there's any updates to what you've downloaded from early 2018. You can easily go through your mods and custom content by using the 50/50 method.

To fix mods and custom content try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help remove any traces of the mods or cc that were installed.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Broken/Updated Mods: Python/Terrain Update + Get Famous, Nov. ’18 - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (260 Views)

All Replies

Re: cc wont show up in game anymore

★★ Pro

@FlimFlamJimJammm

Thank you for sharing a photo of what you're talking about. It looks like some of it maybe from early 2018, before the November game patch.

That patch changed the way Mods and custom content work in-game. Meaning some mods and cc have become outdated and need to be deleted or replaced.

You may want to see if there's any updates to what you've downloaded from early 2018. You can easily go through your mods and custom content by using the 50/50 method.

To fix mods and custom content try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help remove any traces of the mods or cc that were installed.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Broken/Updated Mods: Python/Terrain Update + Get Famous, Nov. ’18 - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Message 2 of 2 (261 Views)