Re: cc not working pc

by Queen_ann2102

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc not working pc

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi everyone I NEED HELP!!!!!! so i had most of my cc on my mac book and i saved it to a usb so i can play on my windows 10 pc where i added more cc however i just went to play the sims 4 and none of the cc is showing up and i already checked that it was enabled in the settings to which it was so i dont know what else to do???? 

also all my mods/cc has the internet logo infront of it is that meant to be there ?????

Message 1 of 10 (488 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Queen_ann2102  Transferring the custom content via USB might be the issue.  Sometimes .package files get corrupted when moved between operating systems this way.  Instead, try zipping your cc together: right-click, or hold crtl and click, and select "Compress."  Move the .zip file to the USB and then to Windows, extract it, and put the cc in your Mods folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (431 Views)

All Replies

@Queen_ann2102  The icon next to the files is a file association, as in, Windows has set a default app with which to open those files if you ever double-click on one.  But since you're not going to open .package files, that doesn't matter.

Please remove all your custom content—you can put it in a folder on your desktop—download one new cc item, put it in your Mods folder, and see whether it shows up in-game.  Let me know either way.

Message 2 of 10 (462 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hey yes i did that and it worked ! so i tried to put all my old cc in there and then it wasnt showing up again not even the brand new one
Message 3 of 10 (449 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict but like also a lot of the other cc i downloaded on the 7th of this month so its not that old
Message 4 of 10 (446 Views)

@Queen_ann2102  Transferring the custom content via USB might be the issue.  Sometimes .package files get corrupted when moved between operating systems this way.  Instead, try zipping your cc together: right-click, or hold crtl and click, and select "Compress."  Move the .zip file to the USB and then to Windows, extract it, and put the cc in your Mods folder.

Message 5 of 10 (432 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict when you say windows do you mean the desktop ?
Message 6 of 10 (423 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict do i do the same with the tray files for the lots i downloaded?
Message 7 of 10 (421 Views)

@Queen_ann2102  By Windows, I meant move it from your Mac to your Windows PC.  And yes, you can zip up the Tray folder, move it to your PC, unzip it, and put the contents in Tray on that computer.  If you do this, it's best to delete anything already in Tray, unless there's something in your in-game library on your new computer that you'd like to keep.

Message 8 of 10 (408 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict okay i'll try that thank you
Message 9 of 10 (402 Views)

@Queen_ann2102  Do you still need help with this?  If so, please let us know.

Message 10 of 10 (356 Views)