cc not showing up in game

by jxsmineh

Original Post

cc not showing up in game

★ Novice

cc is not showing up in my game. i have the mods turned on and the cc is in the right folder. i had to move the sims 4 folder to my desktop because the game wouldnt open and since doing so the cc wont show up in the game. when i open the mods folder in my documents it had a file that says Resource that i have to open to view my cc but when i open the sims 4 folder on my desktop all of the cc is thee. ive tried moving them back and forth between the two folders and nothing happened.

Message 1 of 6 (400 Views)

Re: cc not showing up in game

Champion (Retired)

None of the CC will work on your Desktop. It must be in the Mods folder the game created. The resource.cfg file must be there and you should not edit it. If you have, delete it and start the game. A new one will be created.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (365 Views)

★ Novice

the only way the game would open was if the folder was on my desktop. i tried deleting everything and it created an all new folder but the resource file is still there and it never was before. 

Message 3 of 6 (351 Views)

★ Novice

the cc in the mods folder in the sims 4 folder

Message 4 of 6 (350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can have a shortcut to the folder on your desktop although the mod folder still needs to be inside your Sims 4 files. Usually if mods or CC won't show up in a game is because it needs to be extracted. If you have either package files or rar files, right-click on the file, extract, then run your game. It should show up.

Message 5 of 6 (341 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The resource.cfg file has always been there you probably just never noticed. The reason the game is not working when your CC and Mods are placed correctly is that one or more of them do not work with the current patch level of the game. Every time there is a new patch (on average once a month) you must look for updates to your Mods and CC and remove any that no longer work. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (334 Views)