Re: cc not appearing in game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc not appearing in game

★★ Apprentice

I recently bought a new computer and have this week been installing all my The sims 3 pieces onto it. I started playing earlier this afternoon, but none of the cc I have is showing up in the game at all. I've been playing this game for ten years and know just about all the tricks. but this has me stumped. I use package files for everything. I have absolutely no ccs, no custom sims, no custom lots or houses. just the stuff that comes with the base game and the expansions i have installed. Very frustrating!

none of the cc is showing up in the launcher, either

the sims 3 version 1.67

ambitions

generations

late night

town life stuff

university life

windows 10 home version 1903

hp pavilion gaming desktop 690

8g ram

amd ryzen processor

meanwhile, i'm going to keep reading. so far, i've just not been able to find anything current pertaining to windows 10. but, i do admit, my google-fu is more like google-areyoukiddingme.

Message 1 of 2 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@RainaElf  Unlike Sims3Packs, your .package files aren't supposed to show in the launcher.  They're installed like mods would be, i.e. in Mods\Packages, with the usual resource.cfg file inside Mods.  Here's a guide for installing .package-based content, in case it helps:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

The other necessary step is to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder, the same one in Documents to which you're adding your cc.  These files should be deleted regularly anyway, and definitely any time you add (or remove) content from that folder.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If you already know all this, sorry for the repitition, and please make sure the folder to which you're adding your content is the one that TS3 is currently reading.  You can find out by checking the last modified date on the deviceconfig file inside the folder—it should match the last time you launched the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@RainaElf  Unlike Sims3Packs, your .package files aren't supposed to show in the launcher.  They're installed like mods would be, i.e. in Mods\Packages, with the usual resource.cfg file inside Mods.  Here's a guide for installing .package-based content, in case it helps:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

The other necessary step is to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder, the same one in Documents to which you're adding your cc.  These files should be deleted regularly anyway, and definitely any time you add (or remove) content from that folder.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If you already know all this, sorry for the repitition, and please make sure the folder to which you're adding your content is the one that TS3 is currently reading.  You can find out by checking the last modified date on the deviceconfig file inside the folder—it should match the last time you launched the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (376 Views)