cc Sliders Help!!

by magicaljsimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc Sliders Help!!

★★★ Novice

hiii!!! i'm having a mod problem with my game , i did have sliders once and then , i uninstalled them because they were making the feet shake !
so i dont have them in my game but everytime i randomize a sim they always have the sliders like randomly , ill include a screen shot but i dont have the options for the sliders here are the ones i used ; http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416

;

Message 1 of 7 (2,887 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cc Sliders Help!!

@magicaljsimmer  There's no need to bump your topic, especially after such a short period of time.  We see all of the (not very many) topics that get posted here and try to respond to all of them.  But responders here are your fellow players, and we might be otherwise occupied rather than obsessively checking this forum.

I'm not sure exactly what data has persisted in your game, but perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to start with a clean game folder.  Drag your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a clean folder will spawn the next time you launch the game.  You can load a new save to test CAS, just to make sure nothing weird is going on, and then move your saves and other content into it from the old folder.  This will take care of all potential corruption, except, of course, what might still be in your existing saves.

It should be noted that the sliders you downloaded were never updated for the latest patch levels.  Sliders aren't as sensitive as other mods, but it's still possible that these don't work well with a fully updated game.  (It's also possible that they work fine, but it's hard to tell from the MTS page.)  If you want recommendations for sliders that work, the best place to ask is at MTS, where people familiar with the available work can give you advice.  The Sims forums (forums.thesims.com) also still has an active community that would be happy to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,848 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

more pics

Message 2 of 7 (2,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

hello,.......

Message 3 of 7 (2,864 Views)

@magicaljsimmer  There's no need to bump your topic, especially after such a short period of time.  We see all of the (not very many) topics that get posted here and try to respond to all of them.  But responders here are your fellow players, and we might be otherwise occupied rather than obsessively checking this forum.

I'm not sure exactly what data has persisted in your game, but perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to start with a clean game folder.  Drag your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a clean folder will spawn the next time you launch the game.  You can load a new save to test CAS, just to make sure nothing weird is going on, and then move your saves and other content into it from the old folder.  This will take care of all potential corruption, except, of course, what might still be in your existing saves.

It should be noted that the sliders you downloaded were never updated for the latest patch levels.  Sliders aren't as sensitive as other mods, but it's still possible that these don't work well with a fully updated game.  (It's also possible that they work fine, but it's hard to tell from the MTS page.)  If you want recommendations for sliders that work, the best place to ask is at MTS, where people familiar with the available work can give you advice.  The Sims forums (forums.thesims.com) also still has an active community that would be happy to help.

Message 4 of 7 (2,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you

Message 5 of 7 (2,835 Views)

★ Novice
Me too! Although, I use these exact same sliders, and they work fine. However I recently downloaded a sliders folder with a whole bunch of things and It made my sims glitch like crazy. I managed to delete most of those which were causing me problems but the feet still shake! >..<
Message 6 of 7 (2,818 Views)

@Md1yn  Then you might benefit from a clean folder as well.  That will clean out any remaining data from the sliders.  You can test out the rest of your cc in batches, making sure the problem is gone, and when you're satisfied, you can move your saves, builds, saved sims, etc. into the new folder from the old one.

Message 7 of 7 (2,806 Views)