cats and cas mode crashes

by 4217691234

Original Post

cats and cas mode crashes

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions except get together. Only vampires and realm of magic for game packs. only laundry day and toddler stuff for the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when creating a new house hold click add pet cat or dog and it will freeze forever.
What happens when the bug occurs? it freezes until you completely shut off the laptop and kill the sims 4 tab
What do you expect to see? for it to change the type of cat or dog that when i want or to change the tail type without it freezing every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

if you are creating a household and try to create a cat or do it wil load a random breed but as soon as you try to change the breed it just freezes until you completely turn off my laptop the the whole sims family i had just made will be lost forever and i would have to remake it if i wanted it back and usually by that time im super mad and tired of playing and then i just dont play for a week or so.

Message 1 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: cats and cas mode crashes

★★★ Guide

Sounds like a technical issue. You may want to post in the tech help section and provide your dxdiag so people can help you find out if your specs are inadequate. 

I was just flipping through cats like crazy in CAS earlier and did not experience a crash. 

Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: cats and cas mode crashes

Hero (Retired)
@4217691234

There can be two reasons for this.
1. Outdated mods
2. Problems with the graphics card

Let's try to eliminate the problem with mods first
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game, also delete all folders with the word "cache" in the name - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. You can start with UI Cheats Extension mod because it will always be broken after the patch
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)