Re: career outfits stopped working

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

career outfits stopped working

★★ Novice

Heyo!

For some time the career outfits in my sims game stopped working. They sometimes decide to work on my sim but my main problem is NPCs such as policemen/women, figher fighters, paper boys/girls, mailman/woman, so on so on are showing up in their daily wear. I've opened some of them in CAS to make sure that they have a uniform in the first place and everything looks fine and dandy. 

This happens on old and new saves.
As far as I know my sim has no custom or extra career outfits so that shouldn't cause any conflict. 

I do run with all expansions and mods but it has never affected my gameplay like this in years.

Screenshots

PolicewomanMailmanPolice
<

Mailman
>

Message 1 of 5 (515 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@LieutenantGuac  I would still suspect the change at home after work mod, even though it was fine before.  It sounds like it might do the same thing as the StoryProgression setting I listed, and issues don't always show up right away.  You could try removing it and clearing your cache files to see if it helps, then putting it back when the NPCs look normal again.  (And it's easy to use "save as" to rename your save while experimenting, so you have a backup in case you need it.)  The cache files to delete, in case you need the list:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

On a slightly different note, if you're using Overwatch, you may also want ErrorTrap.  Their cleanup tasks compliment each other very well, and ET is the one that removes corrupt data before it can destroy your save file.  If you do download it, be sure to get the version that corresponds to your type of install.  Unlike the others, it's a core mod, so it does care whether you have patch 1.67 (disc), 1.67 (Steam), or 1.69 (Origin).

Edit:  I looked up the change at home after work mod, and I found several mentions of this same bug in the comments section linked to the mod page.  From the look of it, the mod creator was never able to sort it out.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (462 Views)

All Replies

@LieutenantGuac  This seems like an uncommon but not unheard of issue with NPC career outfits.  As far as I can tell, there's no perfect solution, or even a definitive cause.  You mention you use mods, although not which ones, but I'm guessing your list includes a few entries from NRaas.  One thing I have seen mentioned is the StoryProgression setting to force sims into everyday clothing.  To see the setting, click on City Hall and select NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Careers > Force Change Work Clothes.  Having this on True may be affecting the NPCs' outfits even when they're technically working.

If you do change this setting, a MasterController reset on the affected sims is in order as well.  (From City Hall if the NPC isn't on screen: NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Reset Sim.)  You could also try a DebugEnabler "fix invisible sims" command, which is supposed to fix any broken outfit assignments.  On City Hall, I believe it's just NRaas > DE > Fix invisible sims.

But this issue can be stubborn.  I don't use StoryProgression myself, and I recently saw a French newspaper deliverer show up in a blue suit, which didn't seem like the right answer.  A different one in Egypt was missing her top entirely though (she was a floating head and legs), so there might be a larger issue in my game.  If you get really frustrated, you can always use MC to copy an NPC's career outfit to their everyday outfit as well, so at least they look normal.

Message 2 of 5 (504 Views)

★★ Novice

I use the NRaas overwatch mod, not story progression. 

other script mods I use are

- Musical instruments mod by Arsil

- Change at home after work (I had this mod before my issue)

- No mascot/time portal zoom

- Guns and violence mod

Message 3 of 5 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LieutenantGuac  I would still suspect the change at home after work mod, even though it was fine before.  It sounds like it might do the same thing as the StoryProgression setting I listed, and issues don't always show up right away.  You could try removing it and clearing your cache files to see if it helps, then putting it back when the NPCs look normal again.  (And it's easy to use "save as" to rename your save while experimenting, so you have a backup in case you need it.)  The cache files to delete, in case you need the list:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

On a slightly different note, if you're using Overwatch, you may also want ErrorTrap.  Their cleanup tasks compliment each other very well, and ET is the one that removes corrupt data before it can destroy your save file.  If you do download it, be sure to get the version that corresponds to your type of install.  Unlike the others, it's a core mod, so it does care whether you have patch 1.67 (disc), 1.67 (Steam), or 1.69 (Origin).

Edit:  I looked up the change at home after work mod, and I found several mentions of this same bug in the comments section linked to the mod page.  From the look of it, the mod creator was never able to sort it out.

Message 4 of 5 (463 Views)

★★ Novice

Jup that seemed to be the case. 

Thanks a lot! It went over my head about checking the mod further to see if it would've been the problem.

Message 5 of 5 (406 Views)