Re: cant register sims 3 base game because the serial code is invalid

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant register sims 3 base game because the serial code is invalid

★★★ Newbie

I bought the base game and the EP collection from steam last month and all the other games are able to be reigstered on the sims 3 website. but everytime i try to register the base game it says the code is invalid. I have my steam account connected with my EA account and EA cant help me. I want to download create-a-world, but i cant because my base game is not registered. Can anyone help me? 

Message 1 of 9 (1,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there @natlikessnax,

If your code is coming back as invalid, that means it's already been registered to another account instead. Codes can only be redeemed one time and to only one account, so if you try to redeem a code a second time or on another account, you'll get an error that the code is invalid. 

You'd need to try and locate the account on TheSims3.com that you originally registered your code to- if you need further help locating that original account, that's something the live support team can look into with you. Here on AHQ, we don't have access to your account details to look into this. You can get in touch with live support via the help site here so they can review your code details and help you locate your account. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,325 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there @natlikessnax,

If your code is coming back as invalid, that means it's already been registered to another account instead. Codes can only be redeemed one time and to only one account, so if you try to redeem a code a second time or on another account, you'll get an error that the code is invalid. 

You'd need to try and locate the account on TheSims3.com that you originally registered your code to- if you need further help locating that original account, that's something the live support team can look into with you. Here on AHQ, we don't have access to your account details to look into this. You can get in touch with live support via the help site here so they can review your code details and help you locate your account. 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 9 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Solaire I tried Live chat with support because my Sims 3 expansions are not in my account when I bought a new computer. The codes are showing invalid. I have the cd's purchased years ago and support told me to contact my retailer where I bought them from. LOL like that's gonna help!
Message 3 of 9 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

were you able to do anything else to fix it?

Message 4 of 9 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've done the same, I bought the game in 2021 on steam and am connected through EA, and I am certain I never created an account on this website, but it is insisting it is invalid 

Message 5 of 9 (1,010 Views)

Community Manager

@abigailhughes 

Please get in contact with the live support team through the options listed above so they can help locate your code and find which account it's currently linked with.

solaire.png

Message 6 of 9 (992 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having the same issue. But you can't just get a code that's already been used. I purchased the whole collection on steam, all my other packs went through fine, except sims 3 base game. Even on the ea account the base game shows up so what do I do?

Message 7 of 9 (672 Views)

Community Manager

@Frendilla19royal 

You'll want to get in touch with the live support team from the help site here so they can review your account details with you further and be sure you're logging into the correct account.

solaire.png

Message 8 of 9 (650 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm sorry, I'm new to this. Where is the option to get live help?

Message 9 of 9 (642 Views)