cant plant plasma fruit seeds

by SleazySue

Original Post

cant plant plasma fruit seeds

★★★ Novice

my gardening level is maxed at 10. when i hover over the plasma fruit seeds (red blinking seed) it doesnt give me the "plant here" option. do i need to do an opportunity or something? also, it probably doesnt matter but my sim is a witch. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,622 Views)

Re: cant plant plasma fruit seeds

@SleazySue  There's no opportunity associated with planting plasma seeds; any sim with enough skill should be able to do it.  You do need to click on them though to see the option.  You can do this from the sim's inventory or when a seed is already on the ground.

If you click on a seed and don't see the option to plant, or you click and nothing happens at all, it might be that the seed itself is glitched.  You can try moving it out of and back into inventory, from one sim's inventory to another, to the fridge and back, or to a World Adventures chest and back.  There are more intrusive resets as well, but those seem like a lot of trouble to go through for one small seed.  Just buy more at the grocery store, but be sure to remove the bad seed from inventory first.

If your sim buys a new plasma fruit seed from the store and can't plant it either, the issue might be the sim.  Let me know, and I'll write out instructions for dealing with that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (3,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

sorry it's been a while. everyone in my household sees the option "pant here" but the sim in question. I bought plasma fruit and I still don't see the option to plant it. 

Message 3 of 4 (3,428 Views)

@SleazySue  Son't worry about the delay; people troubleshoot when they have time.

Start by deleting the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  These files should be deleted regularly anyway, as they tend to clog up with stale data.  While you're troubleshooting, be sure to delete them every time you quit the game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Load your save and completely empty the inventory of the sim who can't plan the plasma seeds.  (If there's something you can't remove, don't stress about it too much, but get everything else.)  If that doesn't make a difference, go to Edit Town, split the one sim from the rest of the household, evict just that one sim, and put them back.  As long as you do this without leaving Edit Town, the sim will keep their job and relationships but lose any promised wishes and opportunities.  Then use "save as" to rename the save (so you have a backup), quit the game, clear caches again, reload, and test.

If that doesn't help either, go to Edit Town and split off the one sim, but this time, move them to another house.  "Save as," quit, delete the cache files, reload, and move the sim back in again; it's fine to use Edit Town to merge the households rather than the usual social interactions.  Save, quit, clear caches, reload, and test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (3,421 Views)