Re: cant log in - website cant be showen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant log in - website cant be showen

★★★ Newbie

I just bought some things in the sims 3 store, but now it wont let me log in the game, so I can download the items?
it wont accept my email and code, so I tried to push the 'forgot code' key, but then it errors and say something about 'the website cant be showen'.

anyone who can please help?

Message 1 of 4 (752 Views)

Accepted Solution

@malenes2006  First, you don't need to login to the launcher to download or install store items.  Just go to the store site (https://store.thesims3.com/) and login there.  Then click Store > My Store Account > Purchase History to view your owned items.  Or you can download them directly from their product pages, again while logged in.

To fix the launcher issue specifically, you need to clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher and store do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

If you can't download from the store site, clear your browser caches, including the one for Explorer, and if that doesn't help, try a different browser.  Chrome doesn't work well with the store, but Firefox is fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (744 Views)

All Replies

@malenes2006  First, you don't need to login to the launcher to download or install store items.  Just go to the store site (https://store.thesims3.com/) and login there.  Then click Store > My Store Account > Purchase History to view your owned items.  Or you can download them directly from their product pages, again while logged in.

To fix the launcher issue specifically, you need to clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher and store do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

If you can't download from the store site, clear your browser caches, including the one for Explorer, and if that doesn't help, try a different browser.  Chrome doesn't work well with the store, but Firefox is fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@malenes2006yup, i just got off a call with EA, their services are F@cked. my daughter tried downloading store purchases, & was prompted with a log in window, that kept rejecting the correct log in credentials. they claim they are now aware & working to resolve. my question is what compensation will we be receiving?? & when will this be fixed.

& even the browser downloading option is a no go to those suggesting it, it doesnt work. all you get for trying on ANY browser is a 404. i even checked the download with "isitdown" & it returns 404 errors too

worse yet, now she cant even log in to her sism 3 game account. she can launch, play but not on her account.....EA c'mon

P.S.  Clearing internet explorer cache does NOT fix this problem. it is a EA issue, on their end. just got off the phone with them 3/9/2020 12:40PM EST

Message 3 of 4 (600 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PinkFluffBunny   Did you check HER account? Where did you purchase the store items? Does your daughter have her own Origin account? Do these purchases appear in her Origin purchase history? Can you download to the game launcher from Origin?

Message 4 of 4 (570 Views)