cant download cc

by OMGITSIRMA

Original Post

Highlighted

cant download cc

★ Novice

Hi, i just reinstalled my game to origins,previously it was on steam. Somehow i cannot download my custom content from my purchased history. I pressed the download and nothing happened.

Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: cant download cc

@OMGITSIRMA  Are you talking about your store content?  You probably need to download it into a clean game folder.  Remove your existing TS3 folder from Documents and open the launcher to spawn a new one.  It's also a good idea to keep the launcher open when you want to download; sometimes the store works better that way.  And it's best to download items in small batches, maybe six or so at a time, as the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Compilations and worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

If you still can't download anything, clear your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the store and launcher do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.  And you might need to try a couple different browsers before you get one that cooperates.  Firefox is usually fine for me, but every once in a while it refuses to let me buy something, and I have to use Chrome, then switch back to Firefox to download.

Also, when your browser asks you which app to use to "open" the download, choose the Sims 3 base game icon.  If that doesn't work, try the icon for your newest pack by the date EA released it, as in, the one that launches your game.

Once you've installed all your store content into your new game folder, you can move your saves into it from your old folder, along with your mods and anything else you want to keep.  Here's an explanation of all the files you'll find in that folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (284 Views)