Re: cannot pick traits

by crinrict

Original Post

cannot pick traits

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except-Jungle adventure-spooky stuff-strangerville-vampires-my first pet stuff-
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In cas, when choosing a trait or aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot click to choose a trait or aspiration
What do you expect to see? I usually see a list of traits to choose from
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch with story mode

before the patch everything was working, I have even made a new game and I still get the problem(Pre-made townies or sims made by me also are affected)

Message 1 of 11 (48,208 Views)

★ Apprentice

I learned this the hard way. When creating a sim, select 'No Thanks' from the quiz part, and do not click the book to add a sim. If you've already tried/done this, sorry I couldn't be much help.

Message 2 of 11 (48,196 Views)

Hero

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods ?

Have you been using any kinds of CAS mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (48,184 Views)

Champion
@Beyonce14kip for premade townies or sims you've already created and exist in the world, you can't usually change traits in CAS unless you activate the cas.fulleditmode cheat before going into CAS.

If you're talking about changing traits on a sim while making them for the first time using CAS Story Mode, you can't change traits during story mode creation - those are determined by the quiz answers and are locked down. If you finish making that sim and exit CAS, you should be able to turn on the cas.fulleditmode cheat and then go back into CAS to change their traits.
Message 4 of 11 (48,172 Views)

Hero
@Beyonce14kip Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (48,123 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (48,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HI! 

I had a similar issue.

The solution is that you upload your sims to the gallery.

Once you do that you sound select 'Create a Sim".

Now click add from the gallery and add your sims.

You should now be able to change their traits <3

Message 7 of 11 (47,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie

should* select change a sim

Message 8 of 11 (47,797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm trying but it's not working? 

Message 9 of 11 (39,798 Views)

Hero
@JadeClarity Any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (39,791 Views)