Re: cannot install cc asks for software update but fully updated

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

cannot install cc asks for software update but fully updated

★★★ Novice

sims3 with all expansions suddenly will not install any cc as error states software update needed .click update on origin and shows game fully updated. I use pc and digital game. Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (493 Views)
Highlighted

Re: cannot install cc asks for software update but fully updated

@nyless  If you installed through Origin, then your game is fully updated, and trying to patch would only cause problems.  It may be the cc itself that isn't updated; check on the creators' sites to see when it was published and whether it was ever made compatible with patch 1.67/1.69.

Another possibility is that something in your game folder is corrupt and not letting you install.  A quick way to check is to pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a new folder, then try to install one or two of the cc files that haven't been working.  If they install, you can grab the .dbc file in DCCache out of the new folder and move it to the old one.  (If you installed households, builds, or sims, be sure to get the corresponding files from Library or SavedSims as well.)

When you move the .dbc file into your old game folder, be sure to rename it so that it's numbered one higher than the highest file in your old folder.  So if you currently have dcdb0.dbc through dcdb4.dbc, the new file would be renamed dcdb5.dbc.  (You can ignore the .ebc files, which are bundled store content.)  From now on, the launcher will install cc into that newest .dbc file, so hopefully you won't have any more problems going forward.

You can also delete everything in DCBackup, except for ccmerged.package, which is necessary to make your premium store content work.  The other files are only there to make your cc stick to your own Sims3Packs if you upload them; otherwise, they're not used by the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (479 Views)