Re: cannot download and place a lot from gallery

by kirstey08

Original Post

cannot download and place a lot from gallery

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? don't know where can i find this
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i just download island living through origin today and i try to download the lot from the gallery . However, it pop out something like "applying this will replace the lot currently in build mode you cannot undo this action." I don't know what is happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? When i am trying to download lot from the gallery
What do you expect to see? i want to know how it can be fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello,

i just download island living through origin today and i try to download the lot from the gallery( i think it is not working after i download island living ) . However, it pop out something like "applying this will replace the lot currently in build mode you cannot undo this action."

I don't know what is happening.

Message 1 of 8 (767 Views)

Hero
@kirstey08 What happens if you click yes on the message ? Just means that the existing building will be bulldozed a the new one placed instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello  @crinrict 

thank you for your reply. 

But the weird thing is  i don't have existing house. I am trying to buy the first house.

After i click yes, it pop out something like " one or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA account that is currently logged in does not own these item "

Message 3 of 8 (754 Views)

Hero
@kirstey08 You'll get this message if the house has packs content you don't own. They will just be replaced so no worries.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

hello

thank you for your reply. I just find it is so weird that i got this problem after i start to buy packs .When i buy the lots, the house always miss some furniture or miss the door.

( i don't have this problem when i am still playing base game)

But do everyone has the same problem if they don't own the pack content ? So is this very normal ?

Message 5 of 8 (720 Views)

Hero
@kirstey08 What lot are you trying to download ? Does it have cc on ? Usually the door is replaced by another door if you don't own the pack.

The message is normal though if the lot you're downloading contains content you don't own.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (698 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

Thank you for your reply.

i have checked it again and i discovered that the lot that i want to purchase  contain  some furniture  that i don't own . Those are from other packs.

But  it is weird that the furniture and door are not replaced ... so it look weird.

Message 7 of 8 (692 Views)

Hero
@kirstey08 Yeah, I was under the impression they should be. Just put your own and all should be fine :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (676 Views)