can you switch The Sims 4 game from one computer to another?

by Chloeboo24

Original Post

Re: can you switch The Sims 4 game from one computer to another?

★ Novice

Ignore me, found page 2 with those exact instructions 😂😂😂

Message 21 of 28 (3,040 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem a few months ago and contacted origin. The only way to resolve this issue is if you go on your old laptop or PC , go in files, Sims 4, then there should be a section with your save games in it. I don't fully remember how and don't have my laptop so can't check but I think you need to some how email it to yourself. If you need more help, click the help option of the origin store and there should be an option to contact an origin representative, that's what I did but it was a few months ago so I do not remember how they said to email it to myself. Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 22 of 28 (2,622 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey did you ever figure it out?! I hope you were able to save and transfer everything’s

Message 23 of 28 (2,151 Views)

@KissKamisama  You can in fact transfer your content from one computer to another.  The easiest thing is probably to zip together the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, transfer it to the new computer, unzip it, and copy over the individual files you want to keep.  (Launch the game once on the new computer first, just to make sure it's working, and you'll get a new Sims 4 folder into which you can copy the files.)  Here's a list of everything you might want to transfer:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 28 (2,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sims 4 is for 4.99 and about to be 39.99 and I still did not buy a laptop , so I'm gonna buy sims 4 on my chromebook os even if i can't play it on chromebook os , I'll transfer it to my Windows when i get my laptop , so how do i do that pls reply.

Message 25 of 28 (2,058 Views)

@Naila552  Your games are owned by your Origin account, not your computer.  Whenever you do get a Windows laptop, all you'll need to do is sign into your Origin account and open your game library; Sims 4 will be present and available to download, for free, without your needing to do anything else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 26 of 28 (2,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you
Message 27 of 28 (2,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes!!! Go to file, documents, electronic arts, the sims 4. Then I copied my saves, my tray, and my mods to a cheap little portable flash drive then put the flash drive in the new computer that has the sims already downloaded. Then I deleted any previous saves, tray, or mods, then pasted the new tray, saves, and mods from the flash drive into the new computer! My game is all here.

Message 28 of 28 (1,608 Views)