Re: can you switch The Sims 4 game from one computer to another?

by BoppleNut

Original Post

★ Novice

Aha ok thank you, @jpkarlsen I'll give that a go! Most helpful. Cheers

Message 11 of 28 (10,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How are you able to copy your saves and tray folders? My mum got me a new laptop for Christmas which I need to transfer my Sims 4 game from our family computer to my new laptop. Also how do you copy the Mods folder for CC? Thanks
Message 12 of 28 (9,936 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You copy your Tray, saves and mods folders on a thumbdrive. Normally they are placed here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 28 (9,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have to download the expansions and game packs individually as well??

Message 14 of 28 (9,556 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jasonjiljulian 

No.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 28 (9,537 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@auntieloop What happened ?
Message 16 of 28 (8,606 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What happened?

Message 17 of 28 (8,605 Views)

★ Novice

How do you manually search and copy it. Also I don't have access to the old computer as that one is broken so I cant get to the save files but is there a way to do this through origin as im using the same account?

Message 18 of 28 (7,155 Views)

@2004_Bumblebee  I'm sorry, but Origin doesn't store your save data.  If you can't get it off your old computer, you can't transfer it to your new one.

There are plenty of ways to recover data from an old hard drive, either on your own or with the help of a computer shop.  If you're interested, it shouldn't be that difficult.  But how to go about doing so will depend on your current and previous operating system, the type of hard drive in the old computer, and whether you have the proper equipment with you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 28 (7,151 Views)

★ Novice

I know this is an old thread but can you explain how one would do this? I spent about 15 hours building a mansion then my laptop broke and I can't find my saved game on my new computer (in origin - open Sims 4 - no 'load saved game' option) 

Many thanks. 

Message 20 of 28 (6,120 Views)