can you switch The Sims 4 game from one computer to another?

by Chloeboo24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can you switch The Sims 4 game from one computer to another?

★★★ Novice
i bought the sims 4 collectors edition. i ordered it before it came out so i thought i would be able to play it on my laptop, but my laptop broke a few days before i had my sims 4. i will be getting a new computer for christmas but i cant wait to play it :3 my sister has a laptop that i could play the sims 4 on but i dont wanna install the sims 4 to her laptop if i wont be able to transfer it to my new computer ill have in december :/ so does anyone know if i could transfer the sims 4 to my new computer? if its not possible ill wait until december to play it Standard smile
Message 1 of 28 (181,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can you switch The Sims 4 game from one computer to another?

Hero

Download the Origin client here: http://origin.com/download

Login with the account you registered the game on and find the game in my games to download.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 28 (188,247 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

The game can be installed in any computer through Origin, and can be played in any computer as long as they aren't using the same Origin account at once (this may apply to computers online only). The only thing that won't transfer is the save file, you may need to search it manually and copy it to the new computer.

Message 2 of 28 (180,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have a problom like this to my laptop broke withe sims 4 on it i got the game by buying the game code on ebay i instaled origins and instaled sims 4 played it and then my laptop broke i got a new one but dont know how to reinstall the game

Message 3 of 28 (175,511 Views)

Hero

Download the Origin client here: http://origin.com/download

Login with the account you registered the game on and find the game in my games to download.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (188,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same problem, and if I can find a way to do it, I'll reply. I just got my new computer and I've got years worth of Sims 3 stuff and a few months worth of Sims 4 on it. It will be a tragedy if I can't figure it out.

Message 5 of 28 (175,372 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think that I might have it figured out, I have yet to try it though.

Message 6 of 28 (175,370 Views)

★ Novice

This was very helpful to me since my computer reccently broke and I really wanted to get the sims 4 

Message 7 of 28 (171,720 Views)

★ Novice

I am switching currently from one laptop to another.  I just reinstalled origin, then I clicked on Sims 4 and  then install.  I will update this comment saying what happened.

Message 8 of 28 (160,584 Views)

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I've just installed origin and the sims 4 onto my PC as my laptop can't handle the game any more - I don't seem to have my little people though. I noted when reading this thread people were saying saved data was PC specific, does that mean I need to start again from scratch? Just a bit lost and not tech savvy, so any help greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 28 (155,673 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BoppleNut

You can copy your saves and tray folders from the laptop to the PC. If you use Mods or CC also copy the Mods folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 28 (155,668 Views)