can this laptop run the sims 4?

by bxbytrishx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can this laptop run the sims 4?

★ Apprentice

hi everyone! i was kind of late when i heard the news about the sims 4 legacy edition being available on origin now, fortunately my laptop also broke itself so this gives me a good excuse to buy a new one. This is the laptop's specs:

LENOVO IDEAPAD L340 15

INTEL i7

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650

8GB OF RAM

1TB 

WINDOWS 10

There's a cheaper one from the same series, only that it has Intel i5, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 and 8GB of RAM & 1TB of storage. 

I plan to buy next week.

Message 1 of 4 (4,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can this laptop run the sims 4?

@bxbytrishx  Either one would likely run Sims 4 just fine.  I say "likely" because it's difficult to be completely sure without seeing the product pages, but the other details associated with those types of configurations wouldn't normally be a problem.  The first one listed is definitely better than the second, with a significantly faster graphics card.

If you'd like to see some other options, please list your budget and country, as well as any other details that matter to you.  At the very least, it would be a quality of life improvement to have a solid state drive rather than a mechanical hard drive—Windows would start up and run faster, and most apps would load faster as well.  (Sims 4 would run exactly the same once it's loaded.)  But you might prefer to have the larger drive if you plan on storing large amounts of data.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,998 Views)

All Replies

@bxbytrishx  Either one would likely run Sims 4 just fine.  I say "likely" because it's difficult to be completely sure without seeing the product pages, but the other details associated with those types of configurations wouldn't normally be a problem.  The first one listed is definitely better than the second, with a significantly faster graphics card.

If you'd like to see some other options, please list your budget and country, as well as any other details that matter to you.  At the very least, it would be a quality of life improvement to have a solid state drive rather than a mechanical hard drive—Windows would start up and run faster, and most apps would load faster as well.  (Sims 4 would run exactly the same once it's loaded.)  But you might prefer to have the larger drive if you plan on storing large amounts of data.

Message 2 of 4 (3,999 Views)

★ Apprentice

it won’t have any problems if i run the game in ultra-high graphics w/ complete expansion packs?

Message 3 of 4 (3,986 Views)

@bxbytrishx  Both are capable of running all packs on ultra graphics now, although the 1050 in the second laptop you mentioned might be cutting it close.  But an Nvidia 1650 has plenty of room to spare.  Future expansion packs will likely raise the requirements for ultra settings, of course.  A 1650 is right on the border of what we think those requirements might be, although of course we can't know for sure.  Still, it's a great choice, since laptops with the next-stronger card can cost $200-300 more.

Message 4 of 4 (3,978 Views)