Re: Re:

by tinyjungwon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't turn on the game because of missing / damaged files

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Someone please help, for the last 3 days I'm trying to find a way to repair the game but nothing works.
I even re-installed the game maybe 3 times already and nothing changes, the The Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder has many missing files and the only ones that are there are: ConfigOverride a folder that has nothing inside, saves also a folder with nothing inside, UserData.lock file and a UserSetting file and I searched through most of the sites on the internet searching for help and tried everything but still nothing works.

Message 1 of 7 (296 Views)

Accepted Solution

@tinyjungwon  Please try playing in a new admin user account on your computer.  The username should contain only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc., and just to be on the safe side, probably no letters that exist in Polish but not in English.  (The game should handle this fine, but better to be safe.)  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Windows, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into your existing Origin account and shouldn't need to redownload anything.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (237 Views)

All Replies

Re: sdasdas

@tinyjungwon  If you've reinstalled the game, you don't need to repair.

What happens when you try to play?  Please describe what you see.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And let me know what antivirus you use.

Message 2 of 7 (290 Views)

Re:

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Whenever I try to turn on the game an error message shows up saying: "sims 4 can't start because of missing or damaged files" and the error code is [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000] Also I don't have any anti-viruses

Message 3 of 7 (279 Views)

@tinyjungwon  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your mods and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save.

Message 4 of 7 (256 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict okay so I did as you told and the same error appears when I launch the game and the new folder that has spawned after launching generated the same 2 files and 2 folders like before

Message 5 of 7 (247 Views)

@tinyjungwon  Please try playing in a new admin user account on your computer.  The username should contain only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc., and just to be on the safe side, probably no letters that exist in Polish but not in English.  (The game should handle this fine, but better to be safe.)  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Windows, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into your existing Origin account and shouldn't need to redownload anything.

Message 6 of 7 (238 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict omg thanks !! it worked perfectly, the game works well now. Thank you very much again !! ♥
Message 7 of 7 (215 Views)