can't sign in to my account when I play sims

by Annablixt92

Original Post

can't sign in to my account when I play sims

★★★ Newbie

Can start a game but on the main side where is says welcome I can't log in to my account, i's just a blank page and when I have start the game and trying to log in It says "email or password doesn't match"

But I can log in with the same email and password on both origin and the sims home page. 

Did try and uninstall sims 3 but did not help and chance have password...

What is wrong ?!

Message 1 of 5 (462 Views)

Re: can't sign in to my account when I play sims

@Annablixt92  Try clearing Internet Explorer's browser cache.  Even if you never use it, the game does for some purposes, including logins and the launcher screen.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites; otherwise, Explorer may keep the cache files for the game.

If you still can't login, there's a file you can delete in your Sims 3 game folder, inside Downloads.  It's labeled [your email].bin.  It can become corrupted, and deleting it will force the creation of a fresh one the next time you need it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It didn't help :/ 

Message 3 of 5 (448 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It didn't help
Message 4 of 5 (447 Views)

@Annablixt92  Alright, try clearing all your browser caches, including Explorer, then changing your password on another EA site that's not connected to Sims games (like EA.com).  Clear your caches again and then try to login.

If that doesn't work, temporarily remove your entire Sims 3 game folder from Documents; you can drag it to your desktop.  Launching the game will create a new folder, with all new files.  If you can login, you can move your saves and other content from the old folder to the new one.

And if this doesn't work either, I'll ask someone from EA to look into any potential issues on their end.  It does happen from time to time, but the EA people usually get things fixed pretty quickly once they know there's a problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (440 Views)