can't set up a community profile

by willowface

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't set up a community profile

★★ Novice

Every time I try to use a persona, new or existing, I enter my data and nothing happens. I just get loaded back to the registration form without any reason for the failure of service. As such I cannot purchase neighborhoods, etc. Am I missing a step?

Message 1 of 3 (667 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can't set up a community profile

@willowface  Are you talking about thesims3.com, or forums.thesims.com?  For either one, if you're already logged into AHQ with the same credentials as an existing account, you should be able to login without even entering your email and password.  (I just tried this—I'm logged in here, I went to the store site and clicked login, and it happened automatically.)  You would need to pick a screenname on either of the two sites if you'd never used them before, even if you chose to use the same email and password that are associated with your Origin account.

If the auto login doesn't work, or if you don't already have an account on the specific site you can't access, then try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.  Firefox tends to work better than Safari or Chrome.

The other possibility is that you're logged in with one account on AHQ (or Origin, or some other EA site) and trying to use a different account to login to the site that isn't working.  This has become a problem recently for some players who have multiple accounts.  For example, they're logged into the official forums with one account, and then they can't get into their other account on the store site, because all the sites share info.  The result is that they keep getting kicked back to the registration page.  In this case, sign out, clear your browser caches and all your active sign-ins, and try again.  Or use a private browsing window, one where you haven't already logged into any EA site.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (656 Views)

All Replies

@willowface  Are you talking about thesims3.com, or forums.thesims.com?  For either one, if you're already logged into AHQ with the same credentials as an existing account, you should be able to login without even entering your email and password.  (I just tried this—I'm logged in here, I went to the store site and clicked login, and it happened automatically.)  You would need to pick a screenname on either of the two sites if you'd never used them before, even if you chose to use the same email and password that are associated with your Origin account.

If the auto login doesn't work, or if you don't already have an account on the specific site you can't access, then try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.  Firefox tends to work better than Safari or Chrome.

The other possibility is that you're logged in with one account on AHQ (or Origin, or some other EA site) and trying to use a different account to login to the site that isn't working.  This has become a problem recently for some players who have multiple accounts.  For example, they're logged into the official forums with one account, and then they can't get into their other account on the store site, because all the sites share info.  The result is that they keep getting kicked back to the registration page.  In this case, sign out, clear your browser caches and all your active sign-ins, and try again.  Or use a private browsing window, one where you haven't already logged into any EA site.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictStill not totally sure what AHQ actually is, but one of two things here fixed my issue. Either the fact that I was logged into Origin (on the same account that I was trying to use on the Sims 3 website) was blocking me, or I just needed to be using Firefox.

Either way, issue resolved. Thank you so much! I am really glad to find support for this game as I'm sure that EA probably doesn't have too many resources going into their older Sims games.

Edit: AHQ is obviously... Answers HQ... so uh let's just pretend that I wasn't completely oblivious there. lol

Message 3 of 3 (638 Views)