Re: can't play the sims 4.

by fewkung06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't play the sims 4.

★ Novice

I can't play the sims 4,

I can lauchn  the game but It was always lacking on create mode and when I created sim too.

I've already checked on the update, repaired the game and removed some mods but it didn't work.

And my computer still have space left.

So, I don't know what the problem is...

Message 1 of 7 (286 Views)

Accepted Solution

@fewkung06  Then the issue is something in your Sims 4 folder.  The most likely culprit is an outdated mod, especially so soon after a patch, and you'll need to test yours to see which one(s) you need to replace.  If you have a lot of them, the 50/50 method can speed things up:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (244 Views)

All Replies

@fewkung06  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?

Message 2 of 7 (284 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict It's Windows. I did whatever I can but it still doesn't work.

Message 3 of 7 (275 Views)

@fewkung06  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a new folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether a new save works normally.

If you still have issues, clear Origin's cache and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 4 of 7 (262 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I've already tried. I can played the game when I moved the folder to desktop but when I put the backup back it still doesn't work. 

Message 5 of 7 (248 Views)

@fewkung06  Then the issue is something in your Sims 4 folder.  The most likely culprit is an outdated mod, especially so soon after a patch, and you'll need to test yours to see which one(s) you need to replace.  If you have a lot of them, the 50/50 method can speed things up:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Message 6 of 7 (245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I've been moved mods folder out and it worked. I'll check about it. Thank you for helping! 

Message 7 of 7 (211 Views)