by sicksicksickzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't pick traits in create a sim after new update

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions besides Island Living, all game packs, and all stuff packs besides First Pets.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a certain mod in the game. I am not sure which, now.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot pick any traits. Also, create a story mode doesn't allow me to edit a sim. Traits are picked but everything is greyed out including the check mark that allows you to edit the sim you created. When creating a sim normally, when i click the icons to edit traits, the trait thing just zooms in and the box where you select traits is nowhere to be seen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the trait box thing and the create a story thing to actually work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch changed create a sim and the appearance of the game.

I know it might come from a mod that might mess with traits, but I am not sure.

Message 1 of 9 (12,045 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can't pick traits in create a sim after new update

Hero
@sicksicksickzz Did you test this with no mods installed ? Issues like this are usually do to outdated mods.

Here's a list of mods that broke with yesterday's patch: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962954/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-19-cas-stories-patch#...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (12,022 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Try testing without your mods (move them to a safe place elsewhere on your computer and delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 Folder in Documents; also back up your saves or do a "Save As" game for testing purposes).

Message 2 of 9 (12,023 Views)

Hero
@sicksicksickzz Did you test this with no mods installed ? Issues like this are usually do to outdated mods.

Here's a list of mods that broke with yesterday's patch: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962954/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-19-cas-stories-patch#...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (12,023 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you both for replying but yes, I did. I took my mods out and i could then choose traits.. I checked the link that one of you sent me and I don't see any mods there that I used. Currently, I'm trying to sort out more than 6,000 pieces of custom content  to find the problem.(whoops)

Again, thanks for helping.

Message 4 of 9 (12,006 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey did you ever figure out which one was causing the issue or how to fix it? I am having this issue now and can't find a fix... did my best to update everything and I also have probably thousands of mods. Mostly CC and not script mods but yeah.

Message 5 of 9 (11,748 Views)

★ Novice

So basically what y'all are saying is if we just downloaded The Sims 4 game for the PC which I did today, and we started downloading custom content, any one of the custom content that I have downloaded today could be causing this problem? because I didn't know this was an issue. And my 12 year old daughter and myself are kind of upset that this is an issue. I didn't think that this would be an issue because I didn't think to look this up. I mean I understand that editing a game is going to possibly give you issues but some of the traits that I have for my sim I really don't want. Some of the traits of my daughter has for her sin she might not want. It's kind of annoying. I haven't downloaded 6000 pieces of custom content but I really don't feel like I'm doing the last three hours of work that I've done. Is there any way to get past this?

Message 6 of 9 (10,574 Views)

Hero
@AmaraRose77 When downloading mods/cc it's a good idea to check the date from when it was created and if it was updated recently. Especially with custom traits and stuff, I would only download those that are deemed compatible with the current patch level (1.59 atm).

Unfortunately, there's no other way than to weed through them to find the culprit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (10,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue for the newest update. There are limited aspirations (4) compared to the usual and I am unable to choose traits or add sims to the household. When I load into the game, there's limited interactions with sims and items. I currently have moved all the mods out of my Sims 4 folder and even started a new save. I'm still unsure of what's going on, has anyone else had this issue?

Message 8 of 9 (8,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@sicksicksickzz i have a similar problem but im on a ps4. When my sims age up i pick a trait but i try to exit out it wont allow me too.
Message 9 of 9 (7,597 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help