Re: can't find a fix for computer freezing with TS4 because TS3 fix isn't worki

by Madamelee

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@Madamelee  sounds like something is corrupted in your system or overheating when did you last change the thermal paste on the CPU/GPU?

Message 11 of 15 (184 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have tested EVERYTHING. As far as either @puzzlezaddict  and I can tell my computer isn't overheating.  The Ram is fine, memory's fine, nothing happens if I run the "scanfrow" command-(except it says "it's fine" )  The guy at the shop says my hardware is fine (so no drivers or bulging capacitors).  Since if it was overheating I would have problems with just being online which I don't.   I have tried playing game in offline mode and it was ok until I try to play for another (3rd)  15 mins after doing it for 2  15 mins without problems in a row.  I only tagged Puzzlezaddict due to the fact he's the one who been trying to help me for the last 6+ months.  If it was the thermal past wouldn't the guy have said so?  

Message 12 of 15 (182 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Madamelee  when you say the game crashes can you elaborate like does the entire pc lock up and go unresponsive or does the game just freeze and you close it with task manger ?

Message 13 of 15 (177 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

it doesn't technically "Crash".. it just if I play it for extend period of time the computer stops responding (ie 'freezing up')  - I can't use the "hot keys" of Crtl+Alt+Delete to even get to the task manager and even if i COULD.. when my mouse isn't able to do anything either?  Like there's some kind of problem between the mouse&keyboard and the game itself. I gone thru too computer mice- and I got the same result..and old one (Retired/thrown away), and the new one I'm currently am using.  But memory is fine, RAM's fine, hardware seems to be fine.  My problem is only with the computer freezing up and keyboard and mouse not responding when I try to play the Sims 4 for an extended period.  I have tried playing Sims 4 in Origin off-line mode  and I am able to play it for about 30mins (2 15 mins each in a row) but if I try to do it another 15 mins in a row my timer says it stops at 11:11.  

Message 14 of 15 (175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

bump

Message 15 of 15 (152 Views)