Re: can't find a fix for computer freezing with TS4 because TS3 fix isn't worki

by Madamelee

Original Post

can't find a fix for computer freezing with TS4 because TS3 fix isn't working

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm still have computer freezing issues if I try to play the Sims 4 for too long. Dad took it to a shop  and the guy there found no bulging capacitors now is there anything run with the hard drive.  The guy did find on twitter a comment for the Sims 3 about Nvidia control panel go to settings select Optimum Graphics card not Intel Card.  But I have looked high and low in what is "Nvidia control Panel" (Geforce Experience)  and even with the Sims 4 running I can not find that option at all.. it like doesn't exist period for Sims 4.   So the "Sims 3 fix" might not work for the "Sims 4"? 

Message 1 of 15 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Madamelee  do you have a desktop computer or laptop because you can't switch graphics on a desktop-only a laptop has switchable graphics, could you please get a DXDIAG copy here is the link https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 15 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

it's a desktop.  And you would think the bloody guy would know when he literally had the desktop's TOWER (the actual computer) right there in PERSON. 

Message 3 of 15 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

here's the dxdiag

Message 4 of 15 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Madamelee  you have a GTX 650 which is on the minimum line for the game Ram and Cpu is fine to have you updated the gpu drivers from Nvidia? https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk one you have done that try and clear the origin cache 

Hello To Clear the origin cache you must follow these instructions 

1. Open the Start menu.
  2. Type "view hidden files and folders" into the search bar.
  3. Press Enter to open the View tab of your Folder Options.
  4. Open the Hidden Files and folders menu within the Files and Folders menu.
  5. Click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
  6. C:\ProgramData\Origin — Everything except for the following sub directory: DO NOT DELETE: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent
  7. Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
  8. Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\

Message me back if this helped you 

Message 5 of 15 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I cleaned origin cache about 20 different times  and did 500 millions other tests in my 7+ months of trying to deal with it   and I thought it was bulging capacitors when all my tests seemed fine?  The guy at the shop (according to Dad said I have an Optimum Graphics driver on the pack of my computer.  What am I suppose to replace  the GTX 650 with? Since I have always had it on this computer I think.  Even the testing game function online said that my graphics card was fine?

What is an Optimum graphics card anyway? 

Message 6 of 15 (444 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Madamelee  he's basically saying you need to get a new graphics card 

Message 7 of 15 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

so what am I suppose to be changing it too? Since that's the one thing the guy didn't tell us? 

Message 8 of 15 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Madamelee  get a GTX 1050 TI 4GB its a bit overkill for the game but you shouldn't have issues with it also send me a DXDIAG copy https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 9 of 15 (434 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure I have updated the graphics card before..  but my problem is when I play the sims 4 for about an hour it freezes up on me and I can't use the mouse nor can I use the other function (the keyboard hot keys) in order to get out of the game its always requires me to do a hard boot?

Message 10 of 15 (421 Views)