can't download expansion with just base sims 3 game?

by calicostorm

Original Post

can't download expansion with just base sims 3 game?

★ Novice

Hi there was wondering if anyone else stumbled upon this issue while trying to download old sims 3 expansion packs! I had the base game and the expansion pack ambitions already on CD. The base game downloaded, installed and worked fine. The issue was when I tried to hit the download now button on the ambitions expansion pack I literally could not. I looked at the forums and my issue was not relating to the technical but more so the fact that it says I require the sims 3 starter pack and I only have the base game I think. I want to get other expansions but I feel like this might be an issue continuously. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: can't download expansion with just base sims 3 game?

★ Guide

I had that same problem when I started back up playing. What ended up fixing mine was: My game launcher did not have the current updated version. (I have a pc and play on windows 7. I also use origin). Down on the bottom left corner of your game launcher what version does it say? and do you use a pc or mac and steam or origin? Oh and also make sure you are using the same account name that your base game is installed under.

Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: can't download expansion with just base sims 3 game?

EA app Team

Hi @calicostorm,

Did @Catlee2's suggestion help?

You should not have any issues to download Ambitions if you have the base game in your Origin account. The Sims 3 Starter Pack is not needed, just the base game. What error are you getting?

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)