can't do anything after exiting build/buy

by YeeHaw984

Original Post

can't do anything after exiting build/buy

★★★★ Novice

After going into build mode and spending an hour on a house I went in to live mode and my game went all wacky. I cant open any menus, with or without shortcuts, can't go back into build mode, can't change the speed of time, and my sims can't interact with anything. It looks almost as if I hit tab (I didn't and I even pressed and unpressed tab to be sure) but you can still see the menu in the top right corner. I cant see my household thing that would normally been in the bottom left corner. What do I do? I was so excited to play because I just bough the new pack I can't build now and thats pretty important.

Message 1 of 6 (444 Views)

Re: can't do anything after exiting build/buy

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue and I can’t play the game because of it. Does anyone know a fix??

Message 2 of 6 (421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I figured out my issue, if you use the UI cheats extension mod theres a new update for it. If you don't use it then I dont know what's causing the issue for you.

Message 3 of 6 (361 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem, but i am not using UI cheats. 

Message 4 of 6 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sometimes if you build huge houses with lots of objects that can have a lot of strain on your CPU (Central Processor Unit) and slow your game down or even break it, do you know what CPU you have, if it is an old one that could be the problem.

Another reason is that maybe you have built stuff and its a complete new area so if you restart your game this may fix it.

Hope this helped Standard smile

―――――――――
✘ 𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣 ✘
―――――――――

If you find me helpful i would apreciate XP Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (311 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@YeeHaw984 

@xAlmondMilk 

@SB1209 

Rename your game folder to the Sims4 old and launch the game. The new game folder will be created and you will have two. One old one new. 

Start a new game with the random sim and check if you still have this error.

If the problem disappeared
Step 1. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 2. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 3. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 4. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 5. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 6. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA

Message 6 of 6 (295 Views)