can players downlad their Sims 3 chraracters from the exchange to Sims 4?

by SazzySimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can players downlad their Sims 3 chraracters from the exchange to Sims 4?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

In the new developing Sims 4 game, can players downlad their Sims 3 chraracters from the exchange to Sims 4?

Message 3 of 10 (1,516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4

★★★★ Pro

Sims 3 will not be compatible with Sims 4 unless EA decides to completely change how things have always worked in the past.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,743 Views)

All Replies

will i be able to use sims 3 stuff with sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have about 6 expansion packs for sims 3, if i get sims 4 when it is out, will i be able to use sims 3 stuff with sims 4, or will i have to start buying expansion packs for sims 4?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10 (1,533 Views)

Re: sims 4

★★★★ Pro

Sims 3 will not be compatible with Sims 4 unless EA decides to completely change how things have always worked in the past.

Message 2 of 10 (1,744 Views)

Re: The Sims 4

★★★ Apprentice

That is a great idea! If EA will make an online server storage where you can store them for a little while. And when you install Sims 4, you can automaticly log on to your account and acces your characters there. But they have to insert all the old clothing from the Sims 3. That will be hard!

Message 4 of 10 (1,513 Views)

When the Sims 4 arrives, what will happen to all of the Sims 3 worlds and games?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When the Sims 4 arrives, what will happen to all of the Sims 3 worlds and games?  Will they be obsolete or will they merge with Sims 4?  In order words, will I have to start all over purchasing Sims 4 worlds?

Message 5 of 10 (1,568 Views)

Re: Sims 4

Hero

Sims 3 content will most likely not be compatible with Sims 4 (it wasn't for any of the games in the series).

This does not mean that Sims 3 will be obsolete though. You can still play it, use the worlds in Sims 3. There just won't be new stuff for it (they did say that the Store will continue for some time but not how long). You don't have to buy Sims 4. There are still many people enjoying Sims 2 so, it's not like the content is lost.

Sims 4 will just be a different game with the same topic.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,565 Views)

Codes will be valid from older versions of Sims on Sims 4?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Codes will be valid from older versions of Sims on Sims 4?

Message 7 of 10 (1,551 Views)

Re: Sims 4

Hero

Sims 4 will be a new game.

Not sure what codes you're talking about.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,544 Views)

so will this be a stand alone game, or will it be able to be used with the other sim3 games?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Firstly, I'm in Australia, love the Sims, have every game from the first Sims. Thoroughly enjoyed this game and still continue to do so at 26. My question, if it can be answered, is that The Sims4 is coming out, so will this be a stand alone game, or will it be able to be used with the other sim3 games? It seems almost pointless to play and continue buying all the Sims 3 when the Sims 4 is coming out and will probably have new games with it. Can anyone answer this question?
Kind Regards. 
jodie

Message 9 of 10 (1,506 Views)

Re: Sims4.

Hero (Retired)

As TS4 isn't due until fall of 14 I'm guessing the first improvement will be graphics. I'm guessing minimum requirement will be a DX10 video card. As Windows XP will be unsupported by Microsoft at that time, Vista will be the lowest supported operating system which shipped with DX10 and updated to DX11. It is reported to be developed by Maxis and be a stand alone game.

Message 10 of 10 (1,505 Views)