can not update my account details since turning off 2 step verification

by OllyBongo1

Original Post

can not update my account details since turning off 2 step verification

★★★ Newbie

basically I logged into my account then turned off 2 step login now when I try and update my email to my new one it asks for my security questions answer witch I don't know as I set this account up years ago... so what can I do to sort this out as I'm now stuck

Message 1 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: can not update my account details since turning off 2 step verification

Hero (Retired)

@OllyBongo1  Asking for a security question has been in effect for some time and is not the 2 step login. A 2 step login you have to verify your computer and then login. Banks have been doing this for some time. When you try to login the server will then send a code that you have to use to verify your login. This procedure may create a cookie that will be used for a specified time so you don't have to verify every login but periodically you will probably have to re verify. your security question is used when you contact EA and that is used to verify the caller. Account security has become a big issue as of late. The only thing I can think of you'll have to contact EA customer service about this issue - link - How to contact EA customer service

Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)