Re: can an hp 22 all in one run the sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

can an hp 22 all in one run the sims 4

★★★ Newbie

hi i am buying a new computer. i have been looking at the HP 22 All-in-One but don't want to buy it before i know it runs the sims 4

Message 1 of 17 (5,620 Views)

@Kbugdad  That computer would technically run Sims 4, but only on low settings, and maybe not particularly well even then.  Its processor is weak, the integrated graphics chip is weaker, and its 4 GB RAM is enough for the base game but not really enough to run multiple expansion packs as well.

You could do better for your money, and a lot better for a little more.  How much would you like to spend?  If you let me know your budget, as well as any other considerations that matter to you, I can look for better options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 17 (5,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you! i do not want to buy something that doesn't do what i need to its best extent. i'm okay with spending up to about 850/900 dollars. i have been looking at laptops and all in ones but i feel better at the moment with the usual desktop and going a little out of my range for something that runs better.

Message 3 of 17 (5,607 Views)

@Kbugdad  Are you willing to get a traditional tower and separate monitor?  A tower setup will give you the best performance, since it has stronger hardware than a laptop does and is easier to upgrade or fix.  All-in-ones are basically laptops in a different shell: they mostly have laptop hardware and can't usually be upgraded beyond adding more memory.

Message 4 of 17 (5,590 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This is what I was thinking about getting a HP Pavilion 27-d1340t PC would this be Compatible with the sims 4 thanks
Message 5 of 17 (4,506 Views)

@Cateyezs  If you're looking at exactly this model, by specs:

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-27-d1340t-bundle-pc

then yes, it should run Sims 4 on ultra graphics setitngs.

If you're looking at a different model, please link a product page.

Message 6 of 17 (4,493 Views)

Message 7 of 17 (2,922 Views)

@tjenw54r8li8  That option is fine, likely able to run Sims 4 on medium-high or high graphics settings.  But for that price, you could buy a proper gaming desktop, one capable of running all Sims 4 content on ultra settings.  If you'd like to see other options, just ask.

Message 8 of 17 (2,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

I am in the same position and looking at All in One PC mainly just for Sims and for Mods/CCs, what are your thoughts on this computer?

Main reason I am looking at All in One is just because of the size compared to buying a tower. 

https://www.hp.com/au-en/shop/hp-all-in-one-24-cb0000a-all-in-one-pc-6f7d5pa.html?istCompanyId=f8ba7...

Message 9 of 17 (2,041 Views)

@ashh2705  This particular computer could probably only run Sims 4 on low graphics settings, at least if you had the majority of the expansions installed.  Its graphics chip is quite slow, and its processor isn't great either.

I'm not really seeing any better options in your price range, unfortunately.  This is the cheapest one I found that would run the game well, probably on medium-high graphics settings:

https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-desktop-computers/inspiron-24-all-in-one/spd/inspiron-24-5415-a...

And this is the cheapest one I'd even recommend, probably capable of low-medium or medium graphics settings:

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/lenovo-ideacentre-aio-3-238-full-hd-allinone-pc-with-ryzen-3-win11-...

I don't know if you want to spend that much though.  If you have more questions or are open to other types of computers, let me know.

Message 10 of 17 (2,033 Views)