Re: buying the game

by EA_Francois

Original Post

buying the game

★★ Novice

Dear support, I'm a trainer and editor of English teacher.  We're going to use your game for supplementary practice of English our students.

Do you have any manuals in PDF format to study easy your game?

If I buy the Sims 3 now, can   I upgrade it free in fall?

Message 1 of 7 (315 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Hey there,

Currently there are no manuals posted. About Sims 3, if you buy the game it won't be upgraded to Sims 4 for free.
Message 2 of 7 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@krchat

I've found a pdf of the manual at this location: http://d2ro3qwxdn69cl.cloudfront.net/manuals/the-sims-3-manual_PC.pdf

The Sims 4 and the Sims 3 will be different games, it will not be possible to "upgrade" from one to the other.

If you are interested in helping your students with our Sims games, I strongly suggest you do so using the Sims 2. It is currently (and until the 31st of July) free to redeem on Origin, which means that your students could also create an Origin account and redeem the game to practice and play at home. Standard smile

Here is more information about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

EDIT: On top of that Sims 2 being an older game, there are strong chances it will run better on the computers schools and students tend to have.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 3 of 7 (306 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your answer, but I'm interested in detail excellent graphics and new technology, so I want to use last versions of this game and have contemporary support for it, making multimedia studio for teaching English.

Message 4 of 7 (298 Views)

★★ Novice

I mean upgrade not contents, but about cost if I buy SIM 3 now - I want to buy SIM 4 not as new game but with free upgrade, because I bought SIM 3 just before issue new version.

Message 5 of 7 (297 Views)

★★ Novice

I use Hi-tech, topic computers, so I need full screen excellent graphic images, like real people. I need virtual models like real life. I may buy 3 version only to have it now, but completely upgrade it to new 4 version as modern and having better graphics and technology desicions.

Can anyone share the  manual for SIM 4 with me?

Message 6 of 7 (295 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
I am not aware of any plans to discount The Sims 4 for players owning a copy of The Sims 3. The manual for The Sims 4 will probably come out with the game, in September.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (293 Views)