busted my laptop with sims 4 on it, how do I download to my new chrome book?

by olliroc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

busted my laptop with sims 4 on it, how do I download to my new chrome book?

★★★ Newbie

my old laptop is now toasted, cant use it any more. problem is I cant seem to download another copy of sims4 (without deleting the old copy) is there any way around this??

Message 1 of 9 (327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: busted my laptop with sims 4 on it, how do I download to my new chrome book?

You need Windows to download the game. Only Mac and Windows are supported, and I understand Chromebooks have their own OS.... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (287 Views)

All Replies

Re: busted my laptop with sims 4 on it, how do I download to my new chrome book?

Just log in to the account you used to first install the game with, in your 'My Game Library' the game should be ready to get installed. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (321 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@olliroc What was your old laptop and is your now computer a Chromebook?

Message 3 of 9 (313 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, my old computer was a hibred laptop, new one is a Chromebook
Message 4 of 9 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, in my account folder it shows the game but no option to download, only to repurchase as a gift
Message 5 of 9 (309 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I think it won't let me down load because I have a copy on my broken computer
Message 6 of 9 (306 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@olliroc What was your old computer? Where are you trying to download from?

Message 7 of 9 (295 Views)

You need Windows to download the game. Only Mac and Windows are supported, and I understand Chromebooks have their own OS.... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 9 (288 Views)

Community Manager

Just to confirm, The Sims 4 won't run on a chromebook, you need a Windows or Mac machine.

If you get access to another machine you should have the option to install again, there's no need to uninstall old versions. I personally have my Sims 4 installed on 3 machines. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (269 Views)