Re: burn on floor

by WendyRichings

Original Post

Accepted Solution

burn on floor

★ Newbie

After a fire, my Sim home has a burn on a wood floor involving 5 tiles.  I have tried to have the Sim clean it, a maid clean it, and tried deleting and flooring over it in build mode.  None of this removes the burn.  What can I do?  It seems to be affecting my Sim's mood as well; it registers as something needing cleaning.

Message 1 of 5 (7,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Try the cheat: moveobjects on

Or you can also try: testingcheatsenabled true

With the "testingcheatsenabled true" hold down ctrl and shift and then right click the burn with the mouse. You should then get an option saying: object - delete it.

Hope this helps!

Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (7,949 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

With the "testingcheatsenabled true" hold down ctrl and shift and then right click the burn with the mouse. You should then get an option saying: object - delete it.

Hope this helps!

Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 5 (7,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

as crazy as is sound have your sims "clean it up" .  They will mop it off the floor.  Mine was in the dinning room and I had to remove the table and chairs and fireplace temporarily so he had the room to mop. 

Message 3 of 5 (7,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Andromache2013 wrote:

Hope this helps!

Confusedmileyhappy:

I was having the same issues with burnt flooring ~ the Sims just cracked the * when I asked them to clean the floor, a maid didn't even attempt to clean it off and I couldn't replace the flooring in build mode. I've come across your comments and they worked. 'moveobjects on' allowed me to remove the fireplace off the chimney and set it down outside temporarily and the Sim was then able to mop the floor clean ..  I then reattached the fireplace back onto the chimney. One happy Camper. Appreciate the help ")

Message 4 of 5 (4,505 Views)

Community Manager
@WendyRichings Wonderful. Thanks for adding what worked for you.

I'll close this thread from here. if you're experiencing this issue in future, please try the advise in this thread. If it continues after trying those, please create a new, fresh thread on it.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (4,412 Views)