broken sims 4 NEED HELP ASAP

by wc29778

Original Post

Accepted Solution

broken sims 4 NEED HELP ASAP

★★ Novice

my sims 4 game isn't loading properly at all. when I go to the three dots to leave the game, it has random stars all over everything. Also, I can't get out of sims 4 because my three dots won't load. im stuck inside a broken game. I can't quit, or hide, what do I dooooo

Message 1 of 7 (615 Views)

Accepted Solution

I DID IT

★★ Novice

y'all, thank you for whoever gave me tips, 

I figured it outtt

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (504 Views)

All Replies

Re: broken sims 4 NEED HELP ASAP

Hero
@wc29778 Are you using mods ? There's a few that need updating.

Namely: T.O.O.L or the UI Cheat extension mod.

Here's a current list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990224/b-u-broken-updated-mods-cc-may-27-2021-decorator-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (598 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@wc29778  First you edit your post to not sound so rude. I'm sure you don't mean to, but to demand help asap in large letters in a player help player forum is a bit too aggressive.

It sounds like a mod issue, so if you do have mods:
Next you close the game, go to Activity Manager if you cannot exit from within the game, and on the sims 4, and Origin, you right click and choose End activity.
Then you remove your mods folder from the user folder, or better, you rename the folder so that a new one will be created next time you start the game. Into this you can later paste all your files.
Then you do a repair in the Origin menu for the game.
And then you look for updates to all mods and CC you use. This needs to be done every time you update the game, in this order: remove mods, update game, look for new versions, install new versions.

Also it would be a good idea to read a couple of threads in the forum before you are posting, there are often other players with similar issues.

If you do not have mods please say so. 

Message 3 of 7 (596 Views)

★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu yeah but, I can't physically close the game
Message 4 of 7 (530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@wc29778  Can you bring up the Task Manager (I translated it incorrectly from my language, I mean the same as I previously named 'Activity Manager')?

Try this: Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager with a keyboard shortcut or right-click the Windows taskbar and select “Task Manager.”

In the list look for The Sims 4 (the name and the logo), right click on it and choose End Task.
If you cannot close Origin from the client, you can look in the list for Origin name and logo as well and close them the same way. That will exit you from the game.

Message 5 of 7 (526 Views)

I DID IT

★★ Novice

y'all, thank you for whoever gave me tips, 

I figured it outtt

Message 6 of 7 (505 Views)

Message 7 of 7 (515 Views)