Re: broken game after cats and dogs install

by EA_Mai

Original Post

★★★ Novice

attatched is my dxdiag info. i know you suggested removing all mods/CC i have already tried that and i still get the same results with no mods/CC i am unable to load any households once in game all my sims just disapear completly.

Message 11 of 15 (256 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ness1804

Unfortunately your PC is below minimum requirements. see:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC/...

Your CPU is too weak and your Graphics card does not have enough dedicated RAM. If you can increase this in BIOS setup you may get the Sims 4 to run.

Your Graphics driver is Very old. Upgrading it to the latest should also help.

Finally you have problems with Windows update which is likely why you are not upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. On Microsofts support pages you should be able to find a fixit tool for Windows Update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 15 (244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

First, there is nothing wrong with my system, i.e. CPU, video card as they are fine they do the job and plus they are above the min spec for the game, second, the reason my system has not yet been up date is I have older CD based games that need to installed before updating win and with win 10 I would not be able to play my older CD based games on it just like win 8. And on the subject of upgrades all my hard wear is full up to date as this is done automatically when new updates are available. 

[Edited by EA_Mai: inappropriate language]

Message 13 of 15 (238 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crashdodgers

I have not said that there are anything wrong with your system and I don't care if you decide to upgrade to Windows 10 or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 15 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

I'm closing this thread because things are not getting anywhere constructive.

@crashdodgers, this a player community, and other players are here just trying to help you, no need to be rude with anyone if you don't like their answers. I would suggest taking a look to this article if an official response is what you were looking for: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

@ness1804, unfortunatelly, as @jpkarlsen was explaining, your processor and graphics card don't meet the minimum requirements, and that's why it's giving you issues. Please, find the minimum requirements for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs here: https://www.origin.com/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/expansion/the-sims-4-cats-and-dogs#requirements  If you have any other computer that meets them, I would install the game on it.

-Mai

Message 15 of 15 (1,337 Views)