broken game after cats and dogs install

by ness1804

Original Post

Accepted Solution

broken game after cats and dogs install

★★★ Novice

i don't know if anyone can help me but i am unable to load any of my families, every time i try i just get a blue flashing square where the family should be. I have re-installed it and it worked ok so i turned it off and loaded all me CC the blue flashing square again so i have gone through it all folder by folder to find the bad CC but nothing, i even emptied the mods folder completley but i still have the blue flashing square. i have removed my save file as someone suggested that it may be a corrupted file. i have tried everything but ever since cats and dogs my game has broken and i don't know how to fix it does anyone have any ideas

Message 1 of 15 (1,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: broken game after cats and dogs install

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

I'm closing this thread because things are not getting anywhere constructive.

@crashdodgers, this a player community, and other players are here just trying to help you, no need to be rude with anyone if you don't like their answers. I would suggest taking a look to this article if an official response is what you were looking for: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

@ness1804, unfortunatelly, as @jpkarlsen was explaining, your processor and graphics card don't meet the minimum requirements, and that's why it's giving you issues. Please, find the minimum requirements for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs here: https://www.origin.com/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/expansion/the-sims-4-cats-and-dogs#requirements  If you have any other computer that meets them, I would install the game on it.

-Mai

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,336 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (1,247 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi guys, well I am have the same problem as the guy in this post.
Well for the past few days I have been having some problems with my sims 4 as the game is not working right. Fist thing that I am have problems with is the preload screen and the fact the news feed at the bottom is missing and then we get on the game it's self, the big problem that I am having is my sims do not shw up in the gameafter being placed on a empty lot, apartment or a prebuilt lot and when I return to the world screen all the other lots with sims in can not be accessed all I get is a blue squire in place of the sim portrate and this blue squire flashes,
I have tried all the usual tricks, i.e. uninstall and reinstall the game nothing works, I have even reinstalled my ops as well just in case there was something hiding on the hard-drive, none of this is working and the only folders that I am using is my tray and package folders, no mods at all.

Important information.

OPS Win 7 pro, no mods just cc packages and try content, system is still at basic level with no update as yet, direct-x, Java, flash player and graphics all up to date, Dxdiag attached.

An help for suggestions very much welcome, as I am getting total and utterly p****d of with the game braking after those morons in the dev team bring out a new update/game patch, when are these people going to learn to test these patches/updates on a system with cc on it, instead of just testing it on a vanilla system all the time.

Message 3 of 15 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can not even get to the menu all I can hear is the music and it all started  instantly after I downloaded cats and dogs 

Message 4 of 15 (1,223 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Liv4Art

See previous replies on how to post a DxDiag.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 15 (1,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crashdodgers

This is known to be caused by faulty Mods or CC.

Please remove all Mods/CC and start a new game to test.

EA do not support Mods or CC so it is not their job to ensure the game works with Mods/CC. It is the creators jobs to update their Mods/CC to work with the latest patch. It is up to you as the user to make sure that the Mods/CC you use are updated after each patch.

Message 6 of 15 (1,206 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply, but I all ready know EA does not support mods/cc, but that does not mean that after an update/patch that they can not be held responsible for the damage, i.e. game crashing and thus help fix the problem that they have cased after all it is not the mods/cc that is at fault here it is EA devs who are at fault because they know that people use mods/cc but it does not stop them from casing problems because they have change the game coding.

So once again thank you for your reply, but if you do not have a solution to the problem then please do not go spouting out what EA does or does not support, I came on here to find an answer/solution to the problem, not to get told what EA does.

Thank you

Message 7 of 15 (1,194 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crashdodgers

I did post a solution.

No EA can not be held responsible for your Mods/CC not working after a patch. If you think otherwise feel free to consult with a lawyer.

Message 8 of 15 (1,181 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I read what you posted but that is not a solution, all it is is a cop out as what is the point of looking for a solution to a problem cased by devs messing with game coding and all you get is classic EA bulls**t about  we do not support mods/cc and therefore you should remove it from your game completely, but we will all ways find away of trying to stop you from using it in our game, also I have done this and yes of course the game works better but not full and also two things to remember about this is 1) EA is responsible for any damaged case buy their update/patch, 2) the player base has been using mods/cc sense the game was first released about 15 years ago, so by now you would have thought that EA would have understood about the problems they cause when updating/patching this game franchise.

But at the end of the day this problem like so many problems with this game franchise has had over the years is all down to one thing and one thing only and that is money and the fact that EA does not get any of the money that the mod/cc sites make from this game, weather that be from things like patron or site subscription EA does not get any of the money and that up sets the bean counters as the mod/cc market is way more profitable then their own product sites, i.e with Sims 3 we had the Sims store were you could buy new game items and worlds or down load customised game content, but it still was not as profitable as the none EA sites.  

Message 9 of 15 (1,172 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crashdodgers

The update did not damage anything.

Two suggestions:

1. Put Origin in offline mode that way none of your Origin games will get updates so you can continue using the old Mods/CC. Drawback is that you will not be able use new things added to the game and you Can't use newer Mods/CC developed for the latest patch level.

2. Update your Mods CC as required. Drawbacks none.

By now almost all Mods and CC is updated. Those that are not are probably abandoned by their creators so the solution there would be to look for something similar.

If you think Mod/CC creators make money you have a surprise coming most are totally free.

Message 10 of 15 (1,156 Views)