bought sims 4 seller will not provide product code

by laramae88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bought sims 4 seller will not provide product code

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought Sims 4 on Bonanza 

The Sims 4 (ORIGIN) Digital Deluxe Edition FULL GAME PC/Mac on Bonanza.com from a seller: [removed - please do not name and shame on the forums] for $16.99. He had it listed as clearance. 

Problem is he wants me to use an account on Origin that he set up and provided the details for. I just want the product code so I can use my own account. He is pretty much refusing to provide it. What should I do?

Message 1 of 5 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: bought sims 4 seller will not provide product code

Hero

Hi @laramae88

what the seller is doing is illegal. I would try get my money back. Threaten to involve the authorities cause this is basically fraud.

Also contact the site owner so the seller can be removed.

I'll check with the community managers here if further steps are needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (362 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @laramae88

what the seller is doing is illegal. I would try get my money back. Threaten to involve the authorities cause this is basically fraud.

Also contact the site owner so the seller can be removed.

I'll check with the community managers here if further steps are needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (363 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @laramae88

As @crinrict mentions I would look to get your money back for this from the seller if they are unable to provide you with a code. Using someone else's Origin account is against the Terms of Service.

When buying EA games I would always reference this list for the best places to buy - https://help.ea.com/en-za/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Let us know if you have any other questions.

- Andy -

Message 3 of 5 (324 Views)

★ Novice
Hey what's your email this happened to me too same person
Message 4 of 5 (235 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@laramae88 @SW499K1LL4  If you used a credit/debit card contact the financial institution and request a charge back to the seller if the seller refuses to refund your purchase. This game without a valid activation code is useless and not a valid sale (depending on the description of the item). Once you request the charge back, the seller has so many days (not sure how many - ask when you file the claim) to respond. If you post on social media only post what is true (in case of a law suit).

Message 5 of 5 (224 Views)