Re: bought and installed an expansion pack that won't show up

by roberta591

Original Post

bought and installed an expansion pack that won't show up

★★ Novice

Yesterday I bought and installed the discover university expansion pack. When I look outside of the game, it says that it's installed, but when I go to play it's not there. I have reinstalled the game and packs, repaired and updated the game multiple times, contacted EA and deleted a file as they told me to, none of which have worked. I don't have any mods or anything else that would interfere, and I've bought and installed expansion packs before. Also, while I was trying to figure out a fix, I came across the free holiday pack, which I installed and have access to. It's pretty weird that the one pack works but the other doesn't. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 4 (223 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Rache2552

Maybe you have the Legacy Edition versions of the game.
Legacy Edition users cannot use any pack released after the November 2019 update - such as Discover University and anything that had been released later. You can buy such a pack, you can install it, but you won't turn it on. This applies to both PC and Mac users. Check Origin's Game Library and see what version of the game you have.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7677543#M1...

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (215 Views)

★★ Novice
@kreatora I think you're right, I'm fairly certain that I have legacy. Super annoying that I can purchase but not play. Do you know of a way I can get rid of it? Thanks either way.
Message 3 of 4 (196 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rache2552   Is there a reason you are playing the legact edition?

Message 4 of 4 (177 Views)