Re: blue square glitch error

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

blue square glitch error

★★ Novice

Okay so today I was cleaning up my mod folder and when I went into my game it had a hard time loading. It was stuck on the loading screen. I restarted my game and it finally loaded. After that, I went to click on a household and it's just a flashing blue box. (picture down below.) I can't play with the households either. The only thing I can do is create sims or build things, everything is perfectly fine in build mode. I tried creating a sim into a new household and when I was done it wouldn't load up and an error message popped up. (picture down below.) I also wanna mention that I bought an expansion and game pack the day the new update came out. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem though! Even with taking my mods out of the game, it still had the same issue.  I've been having problems with glitches since the update came out but this blue box thing just started yesterday. 

Here's a list of everything I've tried to do in order to fix my game! 

-I've restarted it multiple times.

-I restarted my laptop.

-I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. 

-I took my mods folder out and put it in my desktop.

-I took out all of my broken mods and updated the ones that could be updated.

-I tried clearing the cache. 

I'm not really sure what can be done to fix it, but I would really appreciate any help! Because I just bought new packs I've been really excited to play so this has been a bummer. Frown

Message 1 of 8 (18,416 Views)

@ScorpioVibez  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (18,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same problem and I've tried everything I can think of. (Uninstalling, repairing, restarting, removing mods) Did you ever fix it?

Message 3 of 8 (18,269 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Blai-rCourtney96 

@ScorpioVibez 

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. If you don't use mods - skip this step.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (18,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem a few weeks ago turned out i accidentally deleted the resource.cfg file. if that’s the case remove ur mods folder and load the game it will generate a new mods folder

Message 5 of 8 (18,024 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you !!! I was shedding real tears!

Message 6 of 8 (15,839 Views)

★ Novice

i am confused. 

Message 7 of 8 (15,601 Views)

Hero
@LocaRosaOfficial Please see all info about this issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/MOD-RELATED-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flash...

The issue is caused by an outdated mod but if you save your game in this state, it's broken afterwards and you need to load a backup.

If you need further info, please post in the other thread with info what you are confused about.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (15,561 Views)