blue flashing household icons, no sims in households

by lon3lyl3s

Original Post

blue flashing household icons, no sims in households

★★ Novice

Hello! I have had so many problems with this and EA has been literally no help. Yesterday my game showed a loading screen and blue flashing square in the household icons, then it would say no sims live in that household (when just before this the sims were still in my game in their households) it happens to all my worlds and if I go into cas from manage worlds, it shows a new sim that isn't from that household. I removed mods and cc, even deleted them off my pc. I repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled both the sims 4 and origin, I even clean booted my laptop and used ccleaner and nothing has helped. Today I joined to see if it was working again and nothing. There is literally no sims in my game and I have no idea why. Even without saves, there are default sims in the game. I checked if it was corrupted files on my laptop and sims 4 and I got nothing. I literally have no logical explanation. I even updated my driver, nothing. Please, someone, help me out as I have no options now other than to just stop playing the sims 4. Oh, and once I add a household into the house that (used to have) had sims living it, the picture of the sims that now live in that house will show up in every other house that used to have sims in it, even the ones where I added another sim, I'm so confused. I can't even play my game! I'll add a few screenshots if you don't understand. Hopefully, someone can help! Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (1,726 Views)

Re: blue flashing household icons, no sims in households

Champion (Retired)

@lon3lyl3s 

Please start a new game after first deleting the localthumbcache.package file. Does that work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (1,695 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had this happen to me twice and ended up having to restart everything over again. It happened again today so I decided to do something about it. EA needs to fix this.

Message 3 of 4 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also had this problem, and so I listened to what you said and started a new game and that save worked fine but the rest of them still flashed.

Message 4 of 4 (651 Views)