by Skaazilla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

baby skin colour change

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, island living, discover university, all game packs but jungle adventure i think and a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a baby, interact with it and it’ll glitch
What happens when the bug occurs? my baby is very dark skinned with two light- medium skinned parents, when the parents interact with the baby it changes to what i assume is it’s correct colour as it’s much lighter.
What do you expect to see? well the baby shouldn’t change colour, and it’s not the correct tone. this has been happening for me since the recent update on skin tones
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it was the big november skin tone update

i don’t have any default skin replacements in my game just cc like hair and clothes etc. i also have mccc, ui cheats and SOL but made sure to update them all so i’m not sure why i’m having this issue. i also saw clare siobhan had this issue in her recent not so berry challenge. 

Message 1 of 19 (16,824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: baby skin colour change

★ Guide

Do you, by any chance, have an outdated invisible bassinet mod, or other baby override?

That's what caused that issue in my game. No matter what skin the baby had, it showed as black skinned while in the bassinet, but it's actual skin color while held (aliens looked normal because I didn't use an invisible alien bassinet, but the alien baby's portrait was of a black baby). I tried a different invisible bassinet mod and it displayed the baby with the lightest skin while in it, and normal when held. I had to learn myself how to make a new invisible bassinet from scratch and it no longer does this.

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (16,792 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Do you, by any chance, have an outdated invisible bassinet mod, or other baby override?

That's what caused that issue in my game. No matter what skin the baby had, it showed as black skinned while in the bassinet, but it's actual skin color while held (aliens looked normal because I didn't use an invisible alien bassinet, but the alien baby's portrait was of a black baby). I tried a different invisible bassinet mod and it displayed the baby with the lightest skin while in it, and normal when held. I had to learn myself how to make a new invisible bassinet from scratch and it no longer does this.

Message 2 of 19 (16,793 Views)

★ Apprentice

ahhh this makes so much sense thank you! i didn’t even think about that being an issue as it’s not a huge mod, thank you so much i couldn’t figure it out x

Message 3 of 19 (16,737 Views)

Re: Baby Skintone changed

★★ Novice

i’m having the same issue but it happens all the time, no matter what the parents look like! 

Message 4 of 19 (16,701 Views)

Hero
@laurenmariaa I moved your post over to a more current thread.

Are you using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (16,675 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I tried removing all mods from the game, repairing and starting a new save and it is still happening there. All babies born in the game have the darkest skin tone in their portrait, but look correct when in their bassinet or being held. Is this a known EA bug since the skin tones update?

Message 6 of 19 (16,500 Views)

Hero
@GirafHuntr that sounds like a different issue.
More like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Baby-icon-household-picture-different-colour-than-Sim/td-...

The way I understand the mod issue it's not the icon that's different but the baby itself actually changes color.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (16,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Skaazilla, Can you please attach a copy of your mod you made for the invisible bassinet.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 19 (15,686 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue and I don't use any mod.

I play with 4 households and had babies in all of them. All of them were black in the portrait, which isn't a big deal since the baby themselves were the correct color, except for the last two, and as toddlers the portrait was corrected. The second last was just a little bit darker than the parents, but I paid no mind to it. The last one, though, is clearly a white baby, but both parents have dark skin tones. I think the genetic is a little messed up.

Message 9 of 19 (14,773 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@110110m There is no genetics in Sims 4, the skin color is populated by the original base skin color. Now that they have variations of skin colors the babies are random skin colors if they even show up. All my babies are white and black like in your pictures. They really need to fix this since baby play should be more realistic and not so broken.
Message 10 of 19 (14,625 Views)