baby custom content skin glitching with EA default baby skin

by redbulldiva

Original Post

baby custom content skin glitching with EA default baby skin

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 164.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a baby
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing major but its wierd
What do you expect to see? when the baby is in the crib you see the baby CC skin with the EA default skin on top, when you pick the baby up the CC skin is gone only the EA default skin is shown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the last patch i believe was 7/16/2020

so im having a issue with my CC baby skins. the EA default skin is glitching with the CC skin its on top of the outfit and when you pick the baby up it only shows EA default baby, once placed back in the crib you can then see the CC skin but the default shirt is still on top please help!!!!!! this is so mind boggling! 

Message 1 of 9 (2,100 Views)

Re: baby custom content skin glitching with EA default baby skin

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. However, mine only started a couple of days ago, just before the last bug fix.

Message 2 of 9 (1,976 Views)

★★ Novice

mine started when they did the update for the knitting pack. i hope they fix it cause the babies are already boring at least the can be a pretty object lol

Message 3 of 9 (1,950 Views)

★★ Novice

this is how it looks

Message 4 of 9 (1,947 Views)

★★ Novice

i'm having the same thing, it's so annoying 

does anyone know how to fix it? or is that impossible

Message 5 of 9 (1,816 Views)

@l1merenc1a (and @redbulldiva if you're still looking for an answer)  It sounds like the custom content skin was broken in a recent patch.  The only fix would be to get an updated version from the creator, or remove it entirely from your game.  When cc items break like this, they're really not usable anymore, at least not without graphics glitches or other issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 9 (1,799 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you, that's what i was afraid of already ;-;
can only hope that any baby skin will be updated for the new patch
Message 7 of 9 (1,792 Views)

★★ Novice

well that sucks!🤦‍♀️ but I was afraid of that. I hope they update baby skins real soon cause they are boring enough lol, at least our "OBJECT" can look cute😂😂

Message 8 of 9 (1,725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am still having the issue with the baby skins. I just want babies that keep their skins on in a bassinet and being held. I would love to see a variety of skin colors and a menu to change the baby's skin colors to match the parent's skin, hair, and eye options would be fabulous. Anyone have a skin that works until EA fixes the babies? 

Message 9 of 9 (1,147 Views)