Re: august 18 update broke game

by i5o7w5x5pgbg

Original Post

august 18 update broke game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've never had an update make the game unplayable before, so I guess was due. The game finished downloading the latest patch, and I opened my household and was confused -- everywhere I looked, random items were missing. The chairs at the dining room table. A sink in the kitchen. A chess table. I assumed it was something weird and tried to just repurchase the items -- except the items are there. I can't place anything new in their spot. I confirmed this by moving the dining room table to my household inventory -- lo and behold, the chairs were there too. But placed on my lot, and they were invisible again. I can't click on them either -- for all intents and purposes, any item that exists in this weird invisible world is there but completely unusable.

Then I realized the flooring in the bathroom and bedroom were just squares with giant red question marks, so I assume there's a texture issue occurring now. Any one else having these issues?

UPDATE: Repairing the game fixed the missing furniture and texture issues inside my home lot, but the worldview still has missing textures everywhere, from the solar panels on my house to the flooring around the outside.

Message 1 of 6 (358 Views)

Hero
@i5o7w5x5pgbg Have you tried repairing the game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (346 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict yes, that was next step I did.

It seems it fixed the items in my household lot but random textures are missing in the worldview now that weren't before, haha. The flooring around my house and the solar panels on my roof and a few other things are just purple blobs in the worldview.

If that's all that stays broken, I will accept it haha.
Message 3 of 6 (340 Views)

Hero
@i5o7w5x5pgbg Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (338 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Pc, no mods, no cc
Message 5 of 6 (336 Views)

Hero
@i5o7w5x5pgbg Is your Origin and game the same language ?

I would try another game repair. Maybe it's extra flimsy. It does sound like there's till stuff missing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (334 Views)